Chapter 4

"You can come in sweatheart." I smile to Mrs. Lilith, one of the employees in the management block. I've been sat for about 18 minutes reading and re-reading this afternoon's speech to the school. As president, it is my duty to speak to all students about news, problems, and other subjects for the knowledge of all people.

In our school, the radio station is in the building of the teachers and senior staff of the school, for better monitoring but also because it is the area with the most equipment and better conditions.

"Thank you Lilith" I knock twice on the door and am greeted by Chase who happily says hi.

"Whassup' Bee? Nervous?"

"Actually, yes, a lot, I think no matter how many times I do this I'll always be nervous."

Chase gestures me to sit in a chair and I do. While he helps me with the microphones, earphones and other weird things he does, I keep reading my speech to make sure there's nothing wrong.

"K, Bee, I'm gonna to put this on the air and read this little text so I can give you the word, okay?" I nodded frantically, feeling my heart pounding and my hands getting sweaty with nerves. Chase smiles.

"No worries, Amber, you were born for this kinda stuff! Everything is gonna be just fine. It's just us, no one' whatching" I take a deep breath and think about Chase's words.

"No one is watching me, but everyone will be listening to me, but thank you for the motivational speech" we both laughed.

"Okay, ready?" I nod yes.

"We're in the air in three, two, one!" the lights come on and we're on air.

"Goooood afternoon, students, faculty and staff! Today, with the permission of Principal Kyle Smith, I interrupt your classes to give the word to our president of the student association, Amber Moretti, who has a speech with some news and issues of great importance to share with the school community. Amber, hello, how are you?"

I force my heart to calm down, take a deep breath for the hundredth time, smile at Chase and approach the microphone 

"Good afternoon Chase, everything is very well thank you" I pause briefly, I look at Chase who tilts his head in the form of a signal to continue. I clear my throat and begin my speech.

"Today, October 26th, I, Amber Moretti, president of the student association, is speaking to the school community around several aspects that the management and the student association consider fundamental.

"First of all, I would like to talk about the subject of—-" I finally started to loosen up a little bit more which allowed me to be much more dynamic, expressive and that calmed me down. I felt Chase's gaze on me, but I didn't care. As a representative of this school, I will take the role and face the difficulties.

"It is obvious that matter as graduation trips, excursions to a foreign country will have to be approached more cautiously, in order to provide all students with equal means, since—-" there are only a few more lines left before it is finally finished and I can go for a coffee!

"To conclude I would like to congratulate, on behalf of all the students and the principal, last year's victory against the opposing team in the inter college rugby tournament. Congratulations to all the members of the team and especially to coach Michael Rodrígez for accompanying the team as well as captain Jacob Guevara for his special contribution to the team. I conclude my speech. A rest of a good afternoon, good studies and thank you for your attention." 

When I put the sheet down and look at Chase, I see him with a wide smile nodding in the affirmative, with his thumbs up.

"Once again, I thank you on behalf of the school radio for everyone's availability. Stay tuned for the next news tomorrow morning at 9:15 am with our colleague Layla. Now I say goodbye, a good afternoon and a rest of good morning to all of you." He clicks the button and the lights around the words "on air" go out. I lean back in my chair in relief as Chase tells me how wonderful I was.

---

With a cup of coffee, I walk through the huge halls of the school until I reach my classroom. I knock on the door, when miss Anderson, the history teacher, opens the door and indicates that I should sit down. The whole room is staring at me and I feel ashamed. I quickly look for a place to sit when I notice that the only place is in front of none other than Jacob Guevara.

Really dude?

Slowly I make my way to my seat. When I put my things on the table and my bag on the chair, Jacob lazily looks away from the landscape outside to me. His pencil rolls between his fingers slowly, as he watches my every move. Not knowing what to do, I murmur a "hi" attracting the eyes of more people around us. His expression is so intense that I can't understand what he's actually thinking.

"Miss Moretti, are you going to sit down or do we have to wait for you to decide?" I blush with embarrassment, sit down quickly ignoring some girls who judge me between teeth, and shyly look back again and notice that Jacob covers his mouth with his fist to hide his smile.

He's smiling.

Because I said hi.

--- 

hi friends! this one was a long chapter... but I promise to make some shorter.

hope you're enjoying the story so far!

make sure to vote and comment, i want to know what you're thinking.

stay tunned, love you all :)