Chapter 02; A womb or a tomb?

Lily's POV
"Your rib is cracked" Carlisle says making my sister start to cry in guilt as I stroke her side to comfort her "But there are no splinters. You haven't punctured anything" Carlisle says "Yet" Edward comments annoying me.

"Edward" Momma says warningly "It's breaking her bones now" Edward snaps "It's crushing you from the inside out. Carlisle, tell her what you told me. Tell her" Edward continues "Carlisle, tell me. It's all right" "The fetus isn't compatible with your body. It's too strong. It won't allow you to get the nutrition you need. It's starving you by the hour. I can't stop it, and I can't slow it down. At this rate, your heart will give out before you can deliver."

My twin is horrified because she's the one rejecting all the food, and if I'm being honest I'm scared about the predicament that we're in.

"Then I'll hold on as long as l can, and then..." Bella says sounding uncaring "Bella.....There are some conditions that even venom can't overcome. You understand?" Carlisle says and everything goes silent after that and I assume Carlisle and momma left the room. I become stuck on the one word 'Venom...?'

"I'm sorry. Edward, I'm sorry" Bella tries and Edward says "I can't live without you" "You won't. You're gonna have a part of me. He'll need you" Bella says "Do you honestly think that I could love it or even tolerate it if it killed you?" Edward asks "It's not his fault. You have to accept what is" Bella says "Because you've given me no choice! Bella, we're supposed to be partners, remember? But you decided this on your own. You've decided to leave me!" Edward snaps.

"Don't see it that way" Bella argues "Well, I have no other way to see it. 'Cause it's me who'll lose you, and I don't choose that!" Edward says then repeats "I don't choose that!"

My sister sobs alongside her mother and all I can do is half hold her for comfort.

~~~timeskip~~~
I took a nap while my twin stayed awake, and I was abruptly woken up by a salty and bitter red liquid going down our umbilical cords.

I choked at first before reluctantly swallowing it down "Mmh! This is delicious!" My sister exclaims as I gag "Then you take all of it" I tell her "Are you sure?" She asks "Absolutely. If I eat anymore of this I'm gonna make Bella sick" I tell her "Okay..." She says reluctantly.

"Tastes good" Bella suddenly says "Your pulse is already getting stronger. It's working" Carlisle says.

I go back to sleep only to wake up when large hands are run over the wall of our home "What's happening?" I asked "My mommy and daddy made up!" My sister says excitedly making me smile in happiness for her "I'm so happy for you Twinnie!"

"It's so strange" Edward says "I thought he was like me, but he's not. He's like you. Good and pure. He's happy" Edward says as if he finally understands now "Of course you are. Of course you're happy. How could you not be? I love you so much.What do you hear now?" Bella asks making confused as it gets harder and harder to deny the truth now "He loves you, Bella" Edward tells her before they both chuckle and Edward starts kissing her belly.

While I'm happy for my sister, it still doesn't change my feelings for my momma. My sister understands and accepts it, she's happy that I have a mom too, whether we share her or not. Though now it's got me thinking.... Will I have a father?

~~~timeskip~~~
I've woken up from another nap only to hear my mom arguing with Bella "Can't we come up with something just a little more classic?" My mom asks

"Hey" Jake's voice calls out making Bella ask "Are you okay?" And Jake retorts "Yeah, it's not like I'm the one carrying a demon" earn disgruntled noises but my mom seems to get an idea "This is pretty important, Bella. Why don't you tell Jacob what you've decided?" She asks making Jake groan and ask "What now?"

"Rose is trying to talk Bella out of her baby names" Edward explains 'They can't be that bad..' I think optimistically "She hates them" Bella states causing Jake to say "Well, then I'm on your side no matter what you picked" and Bella murmured "They're not that bad" before explaining "If it's a boy, EJ, Edward Jacob, for the two most important men in my life."

I cocked a brow at that because I figured that aside from one's husband that the other most important male in your life should be your father. Then again, I wasn't close to my past dad so get it.

"Okay, fine, that one's not awful" my mom relented before saying "Why don't you tell him the girl's name?" And Bella said "I was playing around with our moms' names, Renee and Esme, and I was thinking...Renesmee" this caused someone to laugh as they were startled by the name while I was having an 'in denial' episode in my head.

"Too weird?" Bella asked "No, that's not too weird" Jake said awkwardly "It's beautiful, and it's unique, which certainly fits the situation. I like Renesmee" Edward tells his wife supportively "He likes it" Bella says just as my sister wakes up.

She stretches as Bella bends to grab something causing Bella to gasp as we're suddenly thrown to the side and I smash into her spine and my sister lands on top of me and together we effectively break Bella's spine.

Something happens and suddenly I can't breathe, and neither can my sister. It feels like an earthquake as we gasp for air.

Shouting is heard and Bella is being rushed around and the only words that I can clearly make out are "There's no time! He's dying!" From my mother and Bella shouting "Get him out now!"

"Rosalie! Ow!" Bella yells before she screams again "No! He's suffocating!" A bright light shines into our home and we can suddenly breathe through our mouths before my sister is taken away. She cries and screams "Sissy!" "It's okay! I'm okay! They just haven't noticed me yet, but I'll be out soon!" I say comfortingly.

"Hey, hey, it's Renesmee" Edward says before Bella says "Let- Let me hold her" I assume that he handed her to Bella. I remained patient and quiet as I let my twin have this moment with her mother "You're beautiful" Bella mutters before groaning making Ren cry.

"Bella? Bella? Bella!" Jake starts to panic "Jacob, take the baby" Edward demands "Keep that away from me!" "Edward, I'll take her" Alice says and Ren suddenly shouts "Sissy! Sissy!" I go to call out to her as well only to be cut off by Edward and Jake's conversation "What is that?" "It's my venom."

After he says that I feel a burning pain as if someone took the bone marrow out of me and replaced it with acid before lighting me on fire. I let out cries of pain and Ren heard me through our bond "Sissy! Help! Someone help her! My sister's trapped!"

I hear Edward gasp "There's another one!" I'm finally pulled out what would've been my grave and brings me into the world. My body trembles and shakes as the cool air soothes my skin. I hiccup before letting out cries of relief "Hey, hey,
you're okay now..." Edward starts before my momma calls out.

"Edward, focus on Bella. I'll take her" "Rosalie.." Edward starts, upsetting me only for mommy to say "I'm okay now, I promise" he hands me over and momma wraps me in a towel before taking me downstairs.

I struggle to open my eyes, before I managed to open them to reveal.....