Chapter 07; Acceptance or denial?

Lily's POV
I woke up some time later to see that both morning and afternoon had passed since the incident and it was now evening time.

I was snuggled against Rennie who was playing with my blonde curly locks "Hey..." I muttered "Hi, are you okay?" She asked making me think about the events from this morning "I don't know....I'm still shaken" "Do you want your mommy?" She asked making me almost cry as I earnestly said "Yes please!"

Rennie then rolled over from our spooning position to place her hand on Jake's cheek as he was sitting by us almost as if he was a guard. As soon as he realized what was asked for he got up and walked away while calling out my mommy's name.

Mommy suddenly appeared in front of me and I immediately made grabby hands for her. She scooped me up into her arms and buried me into her neck where I automatically began scenting her. I could feel her nose running along the top of my head and relaxed as she scented me.

"Is she okay?" A familiar voice asked and made me tense up. Momma looked over to Edward who remained on the opposite side of the room out of respect "She's fine, with me" momma said coldly as she turned to block me from Edward's view "Rose....can we talk?" He asked hesitantly.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jacob pick up Rennie, who was scowling at Edward, and taking her out of the room "Say the word and I'm sending Jakey to beat him up" she said as she left making me crack a smile at her protectiveness "Thanks Rennie."

Edward kept his distance as he softly spoke "Do you know why I named her Elizabella?" Rosalie looked at him confused and irritated "No" she said with her tone still icy "Bella, after the love of my life, and Elizabeth after my biological mother" Edward said making Rosalie look up in surprise. He clearly never talked about his human life to her before.

"When she was born..... I thought that she looked just like my mother, I think it was mostly denial that she looked like you and Emmett, but I thought she was going to be my redemption" Edward continued "In my human life, my mother loved me very much. More than anything else in the world universe, I was her whole world. But I neglected her in favor of my father who was never there, I treated her so poorly because I wanted my father's love instead of hers. I regret all of that now, and I wish that I could take it all back so I could be the son that she deserved, but I can't."

I peered over at him through mommy's hair and looked at him to see he was dry sobbing with venom in his eyes "I-I wanted Elizabella to be my second chance with my mother. I wanted to be her father and take care of her and love her, but she chose you....."

He took a deep breath as he admitted "In truth, I don't know if I'm ready to let her go, despite what Carlisle says, but I don't want to hurt her again so I'm going to step back and be an uncle instead of a father......if you'll let me?"

I look up at mommy who looks as equally conflicted as I am before saying "It's going to take awhile before either of us can trust you and you're going to have to work to make up for what you did" Edward nodded eagerly and understandably.

Mommy looked at me with a thoughtful expression before saying "Her nickname is Lily because that was my mother's name, and I saw a lot of my mother in her too.....maybe her new name can be Lilibeth?" Edward looked at her in surprise but happiness and I beamed up at her as well.

Lilibeth Hale......I like it.