Shapeshifter

YN POV:

It's been a year since I started to have those black substance coming from me. I'm 6 now and Papa decided to take me with him into the woods. Maybe we could discover more of my powers. Also papa had to do his work.

As we walked through the forest, I stayed close on papa's side as he told me to do. We came across the tree which hides his secret bunker, he turns his face to me "Before we continue to search for more creatures to explore, I will show you my secret bunker aka other lap. We have to cover our faces tho. And remember, do not put off your disguise." He spoke with a calm yet strong voice. I gave my papa a nod and he puts on a face mask and a hood, then he gave me a mask and a hood. I didn't know what was down there so I listened to my father. Papa threw a stone against a lever covered as a branch on the tree. Suddenly stairs started to appear, I was amazed but the way down was dark so I held onto Papa as we walked down. We arrived at the bottom of the stairs, There were so many cans with food in them. They were enough for several years. 'Why does Dad have so many provisions in here?' I question myself. Papa gave me a sign to stay were I was and he opened a passage "Ok, watch closely, but do not come inside" he ordered amd I followed his words. He pressed a few buttons in the other room, I memorized them as best as I could and once he gave me a sign to follow him, I did. I followed my father into another room. It's some sort of lap 'Why does Papa have another lap?' I looked around with alot of interest. Papa turned to me, placing his hand with six fingers on my shoulder "When you are older, you can come with me much more often. I promise" I couldn't see his face but I knew he smiled at me, so I smiled back.

Ford's POV

I smiled at my child before I turn to the window, the Shapeshifter is still trapped inside it's cage, it isn't even completely grown as far as I know. I still need to gather more facts about it, I have stopped researching about it after adopting YN but now they got some sorts of powers and I want to know more about it.

I opened the door to the room filled with the cages, YN follows me closely. I looked at them "Remember, do not talk about my appearance, my name or anything about me. The Shapeshifter could use that info to it's advantage." I looked at them, patting YN's shoulder. My beloved child looks at me and nods "I promise to never give any informations about you to the Shapeshifter!" I could tell they are smiling, my expression softens and I give my kid a hug from the side.

We walk to one of the cages, the Shapeshifter stuck inside. I have my gun right by my side and I turn off the cell that froze the Shapeshifter. It got out of it's cage and looked at me, angry but it spotted my child. It then looked at me, it's anger grows "Are you here to lock up another creature and Experiment on it?!" (I have no idea how the Shapeshifter acted in the past sorry lol) YN grabbed my sleeve, hiding behind me. I shake my head at the question of the Shapeshifter "I'm here to do some more experiments with you." the Shapeshifter growled.

Due to me not knowing how Ford's Experiments with the Shapeshifter looked like and bc im tired i will skip it. Sorry 😭

YN POV

Papa finished his experiments wkth that Shapeshifter. I watched the whole time and helped Papa locking the Shapeshifter up. We made our way back to our small home. I was happy to finally being able to join Papa and his work. we took off our disguises at home and Papa made my favorite food "Im happy you came with me today YN. I wouldn't have been able to lock the Shapeshifter up again without you." he softly smiled at me, his eyes glimmering with pride. My eyes sparkle up with happiness and like usual the black substance comes from my nose, I don't care at this point anymore. Im just happy that Papa is proud.

Another Chapter finished. As I mentioned, im tired at the moment and Im working on energy drinks right now and I have school tomorrow :')