Stan Pines

YNs POV:

The group and I walk back to their home. The path seemed familiar. We walked some more as the sun already set, the longer we walked, the more familiar the path felt. We finally come to a clearing. I was shocked when I saw the house where I used to live. It has changed.. There were two signs on the roof that spelled out the words 'Mystery Shack' but the 'S' was missing 'I.. I can't believe it.. Why? How? And who?..' I thought and tried to swallow down my shock so non of the others get suspicious. We enter the hut. At the cash register sat an older man... A man that looked like Papa just older but it wasn't him. The man looked at us "Where the hell were you four?" the man spoke with a rough voice. Dipper answered "Oh we were on a small adventure. Oh! Btw, this is YN, YN this is Mabel's and my Great-Uncle Stan!" Dipper introduced me and the man named Stan, we looked at each other and Stan raised a brow "From where do you come from kid?" "Oh.. Eh... I uh..." before I could come up with something, Mabel interrupted "YN has no place to stay Grunkle Stan! Can they stay here? Please?" the girl gave Stan puppy eyes, he couldn't say no to that "Ugh fine! But they will sleep in your room! We have no spare room." both twins nod quickly "Now go, I will show YN around." he turns to Wendy and Soos "You two can go home. The shack is closed anyways." Wendy and Soos nodded and left. Diper and Mabel waved to the two leaving before running upstairs.

Stan looks at me and gestures me to follow him, so I did "You are the kid Ford told me about, aren't you?" "You know my father?" "Yes indeed. Im his twin, Stanley." "Oh.. W-What happened? Where is Papa?" Stan looked down with a guilty expression "It's a long story... but.. Poindexter wrote a letter to me to come because he needed me... When he arrived he had told me about the portal, and you... He said I need to use a boat to get to the other side of the world... to hide his 1# Journal.. I was hurt.. and angry... We got into an arguement..." we walked to the vending mashine. Stan looked around, checking if someone watches, then he entered the code and we got into the elevator, ofc closing the secret door behind us "We activated the portal while fighting... I accidentally pushed him into it... He was sucked into it... I never saw him again..." I was shocked to hear the story, I take a step away from Stanley, shaking, tears form in my eyes "I'm sorry kid... I didn't mean to..." he sighed, I look away and then I hug him "I-I forgive you.... it was an accident..." my hug obviously took him by surprise and he hugged me back "Btw, when someone asks, call me Stanford. I needed to use his name in order to keep the Shack and pay his loans." I nod as an answer. We hit the last floor and get out. I saw the portal "Do you know anything about the portal? I was able to activate it.. But I still need more stuff to actually open it." I shake my head "No... Papa never wanted me down here, or even near this thing.." "That sucks.. But do you think you could help me?" "I-I think so!" Stan nodded "Oh hey, btw. It's been 30 years, how come that you still look like 10?" "Oh I was trapped in Papa's bunker inside of a freezing ice cage thing. Dipper, Mabel, Wendy and Soos freed me by accident" "Oh.. Well at least ya didn't have to live through those 30 years alone. The bunker, is there anything that could help?" I shrugged at his question "I don't know. But I don't think so.." "Alright then kid." Stan answered as he opened Journal 1,2 and a copy of 3#. I watched him closely, watching his movements. He was very familiar with the keyboard and technology. I wondered if he was some sort of scientist aswell "Are you a scientist like Papa?". Stan shook his head "No, I'm not. I'm not smart enough for that, ya know? I'm the stupid twin betweenus two" "But you know how that functions. So you are smart, maybe not like Papa but in another way! You not stupid" I was pretty surprised at his answer and I couldn't understand why he thinks he's stupid. My words must have surprise him as he looked at me pretty surprised "You really think I'm not stupid?" "Why should I? You managed to activate that portal, you just need to get it to actually open the portal itself. Which is the easiest part according to Papa." Stan patted my head "thanks kid". I smiled a bit and continued to watch him until I eventually fall asleep.