Chapter 10 POV Elsie

From the moment I get into Bryan's car until we return to the hotel room on the set, Bryan's mouth hasn't stopped for a moment.

He has been scolding me, and the frequency of his scolding in the past week is even more than the previous few years.

"What's on your mind?!" Bryan just came back from out of town, carrying a small suitcase. "Do you even know where you are now? You're on set!

This movie has such a big cast, many people have been paying attention to it before filming started! Pull back the curtains and see, look, how many media are waiting outside for you?! And you dared to run out and show up at his friend's party..."

Bryan's frown deepens as he speaks, "I already know one day I'll get a call from the media, asking if I'm willing to pay for some inside information!"

"It's okay, I climbed out through the window," I cough and say.

Bryan can't take it anymore, "If you walked out properly, I could have explained that you're just friends. And now? What should I do?? "

I've been in the industry for so many years, I know for sure that I wasn't photographed last night.

But I can't argue with Bryan about this, I just nod, "I know I was wrong."

"Will you dare to do it again next time?" Bryan says.

"Yeah."

"..."

Bryan decides to stay a few more days on the set. He can't persuade me, but he can stop me.

However, Bryan is worrying too much. In the following week, I stay on set the whole time. When it comes to my job, I'm still serious.

Dinner time.

Lucy looks at me, somewhat embarrassed. "Elsie, can I take leave tomorrow afternoon? My mom's birthday is the day after tomorrow..."

"Sure. You can go home tonight and come back then the day after tomorrow. Bryan is here with me, don't worry."

Lucy is stunned, "Uh, won't that inappropriate?"

"It's okay; she gave you 2 days off. You can go," Bryan says. "I'll transfer you some money later; buy a scarf or some small gift for your mom."

Then they start discussing gifts, I put down the fork and play with my phone under the table.

【Me: Mr. Vincent, when can I return your coat?】

After washing the coat, I packed it into a box.

But Vincent has been busy this week. He owns a gaming company, and it seems they are in the testing phase before launching a new game.

I don't know how he is doing now or if he has been eating on time everyday.

"Elsie, Elsie!"

I suddenly lift my head, "What's wrong?"

"I've been talking to you for so long, and you haven't listened at all," Bryan says. "Anyway, Marlon's agent came to see me a few days ago."

Marlon James, the male lead currently shooting the movie with me.

I ask, "What did he say?"

"That kind of thing between a man and a woman," Bryan says. "He wants you two to hype."

I frown, straightforwardly saying, "No. I never hype, and you know that."

"Of course, not just you, I don't like you to do that either. It's so difficult to refute rumors later, and you might end up with a bad reputation. Besides, your career is already good; there's no need for unnecessary actions."

But then, Bryan lowers his voice, "But the situation is different now. You and Mr. Vincent... if you accidentally get photographed one day, we can easily use Marlon as a shield."

I listen with a heavy heart and say after a moment, "I don't want this."

"..."

"You really..." On the way back to the hotel, Bryan becomes more and more upset. "Consider it a plea from me; can't you leave yourself a way out? In case something really happens, all your efforts over the years will be in vain, do you know that? Or are you worried that Mr. Vincent will object? Don't worry, Mr. Vincent seems easy going. As long as you nod, I can talk to him; he definitely won't mind."

"It has nothing to do with him." I interrupt him, "I just don't want it."

Bryan was about to speak, but I cut in ahead of him, "Bryan, we can talk about anything else except this, please."

In the evening, I finally receive a reply.

【Vincent: I will take a break starting tomorrow and then contact you.】

【Me: Okay.】

Thinking for a moment, I add a cute cat emoji.

I close the window. It's winter, and the weather is getting colder. It might snow in a few days.

I really like the first snow.

After taking a shower, I come out and grab my phone to check the weather forecast, wondering when it will snow this year. The doorbell rings at this moment.

Marlon stands outside the door, holding two takeout boxes.

"Thanks for accompanying me through that scene today. I bought something to express my gratitude."

"It's okay," I politely say, "But it's very late. I'm not going to eat anything."

"Come on, if you don't accept it, how can I ask you for more help?" Marlon shakes the script in his hand, "Can you rehearse with me? I don't want to be scolded anymore by the director again tomorrow."

Marlon's words hint strongly. No actor would come alone to find an actress for a scene rehearsal late at night.

"No, thanks," I refuse. "I'm going to bed. If necessary, we can go to the set earlier tomorrow, and I'll rehearse with you."

Then I close the door, set an alarm on my phone, turn off the lights, and close my eyes.

But the next morning, what wakes me up isn't the alarm but a series of calls from Lucy.

I open my eyes in a daze, "Hello?"

"Elsie," she's almost crying, "Did you meet Marlon last night?"

I'm stunned, "How do you know?"

Lucy's voice gets louder, "You two were secretly photographed!"

?

Upon hearing this news, I instantly become wide awake and open Twitter.

My and Marlon's names are prominently featured.

I click on it, and the content says two popular actors meeting late at night. Although it's a sneak shot, the media thoughtfully added our profile pictures for fear that people wouldn't recognize us.

"What does Bryan say?" I ask.

The news is rapidly gaining attention, quickly climbing into the top three.

"He is writing a statement to refute the rumors."

But what I'm worried about is not this.

I'm worried about... Vincent.

Suddenly, I feel like I've been hit by an electric shock. I hang up the phone, open my contacts, and dial Vincent's number.

—Ring, ring, ring.

He doesn't answer.