Soulmates | Jake

~

vote - comment - follow

As I sat in class, the familiar cramps began to gnaw at my abdomen, signaling the arrival of my period. The pain was sharp and intense, and I winced as it radiated through me. Unfortunately, in this soulmate au, when I was hurting, my soulmate Jake would feel the pain too.

Just as the pain reached its peak, the classroom door swung open, and there stood Jake, my caring and loving boyfriend. He rushed in, bowing to the teacher apologetically for disrupting the class. The concern in his eyes was evident as he quickly made his way towards me, helping me stand up. The gentle grip on my wrist slightly tugged as he guided us out of the classroom.

"Are you okay, Y/n?" Jake asked, his voice filled with worry. "Here's some pain reliever and some water." He handed me the water, trying to hide his own pain as he was genuinely concerned for me. I noticed his soft groans hidden under his breath, and it only deepened my appreciation for his empathy.

I took the medicine and gratefully drank the water, hoping it would alleviate some of the pain. "This should help," Jake said, his voice filled with warmth despite the evident strain he was experiencing. I frowned at the persistent ache, clutching my stomach tightly, but then Jake surprised me by pulling me into a gentle kiss, most likely trying to distract me from the pain.

At first, I was taken aback, considering my moodiness during this time of the month, but as his lips met mine, I found myself melting into his touch. My hand instinctively rested on his bicep, seeking comfort in his presence. The pain momentarily faded into the background as our lips danced together, a sweet and tender moment shared between us.

However, our stolen moment was abruptly interrupted when the classroom door swung open once again, revealing an annoyed teacher. He looked outside the classroom before his eyes met with ours. We quickly parted, a flush of embarrassment coloring our cheeks. The teacher's eyes widened in shock before immediately scolding us for our public display of affection.

"You two, go to the office immediately!" the teacher reprimanded us sternly. With a sigh, Jake and I exchanged a knowing look before obediently walking away. As soon as we were out of the teacher's sight, we burst into laughter, feeling a sense of liberation.

Hand in hand, we hurriedly made our way through the school building, passing by the office without a care. The world around us seemed to fade away as we ran off school property, the wind rushing past us. At that moment, it was just Jake and me, our souls intertwined, finding solace and joy in each other's company.

We found a quiet spot in a nearby park, away from prying eyes and judgmental glances. Sitting on a bench, we embraced the freedom of being ourselves, unburdened by societal expectations. Jake's hand gently caressed mine, his touch providing a sense of security amidst the chaos of the day.

"I'm sorry for disrupting the class," Jake said, his voice tinged with remorse. "But I couldn't bear to see you in pain, Y/n. I just wanted to make sure you were okay."

I smiled affectionately at him, grateful for his unwavering support. "You always take care of me, Jake. Your love and concern mean the world to me, especially during moments like this. Thank you, Jake."

Jake's eyes softened, his gaze full of devotion. "You don't have to thank me,
Y/n. It's my privilege to be your soulmate, to be there for you no matter what."

And in that serene moment, surrounded by the beauty of nature and the love that bound us, we found solace in each other's presence. Our souls intertwined, we reveled in the strength of our connection, knowing that we could overcome any obstacle as long as we faced it together.