Ferris wheel | Jungwon

~

vote - comment - follow

( This is from my Jungwon fic
named MEOW, go check it out ! )

As the sun descended on the horizon, the vibrant colors of the amusement park's illuminations enveloped the night. Walking in tandem, Jungwon and I approached the towering Ferris wheel, its gleaming presence casting a mesmerizing spell on the surroundings. Jungwon's eyes sparkled with excitement as he gently grasped my hand, his gaze locking onto mine.

"Let's go on the Ferris wheel, y/n," Jungwon's tone carried a distinct earnestness, his passion evident in every word. "You can hold my hand the whole way up. If you're not comfortable—"

"I-I'll go on it with you," I stuttered involuntarily, the intensity of his gaze causing my words to stumble. His smile widened as he guided me towards the Ferris wheel, our hands intertwined in a silent promise of shared adventure.

Assisted by a park worker, we boarded the ride. Jungwon entered first, extending his hand to assist me. Hesitantly, I accepted his hand, feeling his gentle pull drawing me closer. Seated facing each other in the compact space, our proximity accentuated by the closeness of our knees, a subtle tension filled the air.

The ride jolted as it came to a start, prompting me to clutch Jungwon's hand instinctively. His soft laughter filled the space, followed by a comforting gesture as he entwined our fingers securely. His firm grip reassured me as his thumb traced a soothing pattern against my skin, calming my nerves as I marveled at the panoramic view unfolding outside.

Taking a deep breath, I absorbed the beauty of the amusement park sprawled below. Turning to meet Jungwon's gaze, I blushed under his admiring eyes, briefly averting my gaze in a shy response.

"You're so cute," Jungwon's husky whisper evoked a bashful smile, intensifying the warmth in my cheeks. As the ride paused momentarily, my grip on Jungwon's hand tightened, a fleeting worry dissipating with his reassuring words.

Surveying the enchanting vista, I couldn't help but voice my admiration. "It's so pretty," I remarked, gazing out the window at the twinkling lights.

"Yeah, it's so pretty," Jungwon's fond gaze lingered on me before a hint of blush tinted his cheeks. Struggling to respond, I was speechless, overwhelmed by the moment's intimacy.

In the comfortable silence, a whisper of a forgotten legend surfaced in my mind. "Couples who kiss at the top of the Ferris wheel, stay together for life," I murmured softly, unaware that Jungwon had overheard.

"Let's make it happen," Jungwon teased, his mischievous grin lighting up his features.

Before I could react, Jungwon drew me into a tender kiss, our lips meeting in a gentle embrace. Responding instinctively, I melted into the moment, my hand finding its place on the nape of his neck. As we parted for a breath, our eyes locked in mutual understanding, cheeks flushed with shared emotion.

Our hands remained intertwined as we exchanged smiles, a shared laughter breaking the silence. He then kissed my cheek softly, giving me a soft smile.

However, our private moment was abruptly interrupted by the sudden commotion from the neighboring cart. Startled, we turned to see our friends waving enthusiastically, their phones capturing the unexpected display.

"Hyung, Noona, y'all have some explaining to do, you little—" Niki's exclamation was cut short by Heeseung's intervention, but the damage was done. My hand flew to my face, attempting to shield myself from the embarrassment.

"No way they just saw that happen," I muttered, my cheeks aflame as Jungwon mirrored my flushed expression, a hand pressed to his mouth, his breathing slightly labored.

Locking eyes, we shared a moment of realization, speaking in unison,

"Holy shit..."