Chapter 3

I absorbed myself in work until 6pm. I got up and stretched grabbing my phone and keys and locking the cabin as I left.

"Can I give you a lift home?" It was the Alpha.

I jingled my keys, "No thanks."

"Figured I could save you some gas since you're coming back here at 9 anyways?"

"I was gonna ride back here with my friends, so I wanted to leave my car at my place."

He seemed, I don't know hurt, but nodded and went back to the fire pit where Ace was piling up for a bonfire.

I blasted Blink-182 my entire drive home and was beyond relieved when I parked in my safe drive way far away from the wolves. But when I got out of my car a black escalde was parked there.

Dax and Ace were leaning against it smiling at me.

"Did you guys uh follow me?"

So much for Ace's supposedly shit tracking skills.

"Well you left before I could offer to drive you and your friends. You humans get pretty drunk and we will be thirty minutes outside of town." Dax shrugged.

I threw up my hands, they were already here.

"Fine but don't break anything, you two are barely going to fit in my living room."

'Apparently the wolves are gonna drive us there and back so we can get wasted?'

Devin and Ryan both sent high five emojis. I guess as guys they had never really feared the big bad wolf.

Cora and Addie both had dismissive remarks but agreed to be to my place by quarter after 8. It was nearing 7 so I returned my attention to the wolves in my living room.

"I'm gonna shower and change, again don't break anything."

They chuckled as I walked off. I went through my room into the en suite before locking the door and stripping my uniform off tossing it into my hamper. I jumped under the stream of steaming water and quickly lathered shampoo in my hair. I made it a point to not be in there too long, not quite comfortable with two wolves alone in my house. I exited the bathroom and went into my closet pulling on a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and an oversized cream knit sweater. After pulling on my Uggs I went to the mirror and brushed back my auburn hair into a high ponytail before reaching for one of my body sprays.

"Don't," his voice startled me and I jumped dropping the body spray.

"What the fuck?!" I snapped.

"Sorry it's just it really irritates our senses especially in a small space like a car."

"Well we can drive ourselves." I said pointedly, but put the body spray back on the dresser.

Dax raised his hands in surrender, "Nevermind, and I didn't mean to startle you."

"Well I was expecting you to stay in the living room, not wander around my house."

"Ryan is here, just figured I would let you know. Him and Ace are becoming best friends."

I rolled my eyes, "Oh lord no Ryan is the worst influence."

"Ryan is? You haven't known Ace very long."

My eyes widened and I rushed past him downstairs.

"You two haven't harmed my poor home have you?"

I eye the two guys drinking beers they had pilfered from my fridge.

"Haven't touched anything, well except the fridge," Ace responded.

"Everything is in tact Princess," Ryan laughed, a snarl came from behind me.