11

CHAPTER 11
|GIFTS OF CHAOS|

The scene opened up with Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ryan all seated at the Gryffindor table

The scene opened up with Harry, Ron, Hermione and Ryan all seated at the Gryffindor table. Harry seemed rather queasy while the others looked to in looking worry and concerned.

“Take a bit of toast, Hazza.” Ryan encouraged placing the toast on his plate. “Go on.”

Ryan’s right.” Ron nodded. “You'll need your strength today.”

“I'm not hungry.” Harry said. “I’m too nervous.” The three Gryffindor’s all looked at each other worried for their friend. “Can we talk about something else? To take my mind off the game.”

“Oh, it’s his first game, the poor lamb.” Euphemia said lovingly.

“I was nervous too for my first game.” James admitted.

“Didn’t you vomit?” Cathy asked.

“Shut up!” James growled at his sister as several people giggled.

“Alright.” Hermione nodded. They were quiet for a time before Hermione spoke to Ryan. “So, you’re really fast?”

“I guess.” Ryan nodded taking a bite off an apple slice. “But it’s not really being fast.”

“What do you mean?” Ron asked.

“I’m not being superfast; my gift is that I can manipulate time.” Ryan revealed.

“What did he just say?” Cathy enquired.

“You can manipulate time?” Hermione enquired in surprise.

“Yeah.” Ryan nodded.

“That’s amazing!”

“That’s his gift!”

Several people discussed among themselves about Ryan’s power. About the things he could do or the things they’d do with that sort of power.

“That’s so cool.” Ron grinned.

“Not really.” Ryan said. “I can slow time down and speed me up but, if I move in superspeed its hard to sort of control myself the longer I run. It’s why I can only run short distances. Plus, it’s really hard to breathe when you’re moving that fast.”

“That’s why he told Harry to hold his breath.” Remus nodded.

“Oh.” Harry said. “What about your sisters?”

“Yes.” Walburga leaned in wanting to hear more about her grandchildren.

“Hmm.” Ryan sipped some of his tea. “Cassie can amplify and weaken bonds.”

“What does that mean?” Hermione asked.

“She can make anything, physical or magical or emotional or any property stronger or weaker. She can make a feather as heavy as a truck or a concrete wall weak as a bubble. She can also make magic stronger or she can negate it completely.  Oh, and she can do this emotional thing that can make best friends’ worst enemies and vice-versa.”