45

CHAPTER 45
PERCEPTION

The scene moved on to show Harry, Ryan, Ron and Neville running back into the girl’s bathroom

“Hermione, come out.” Harry said when he saw that she was still locking herself behind the stall door. “We’ve got loads to tell you!”

“Go away!” Hermione yelled to them.

“Is she crying?” Neville whispered.

“I wonder what’s wrong with her.” Marlene said.

Moaning Myrtle phased through the stall door with a wicked smirk on her face. “Ahh! Wait till you see. It’s awful!” she sniggered as she floated out of the way.

“Uh-oh.” Dorcas gulped.

Ryan looked at the other three boys confused before he slowly pulled the door open.

“Hermione? Are you okay?” Ryan asked.

“Aaah!” Myrtle began to howl with laughter.

“Do you remember me telling you that the Polyjuice Potion was only for human transformations?” Hermione turned around and revealed her face making the boys stare at her in shock. “It was cat’s hair I plucked off Millicent Bulstrode’s robes. Look at my face.”

“Look at your tail!” Ron exclaimed.

Ryan slapped a hand over his mouth and resisted the urge to smile.

Several students in the audience gave her looks of pity. Others, on the other hand, found humor in the situation and, like Ryan, tried to keep from laughing.

“Ha, ha, ha!” Myrtle however, made no attempt to hide her mocking.

The camera moved upward and faded through the ceiling. When it went up through the floor, instead of the school, it came into view of a house that was void of lights and placed in the dark.

A large bright red glowing tear appeared lighting up the room and Regulus, Severus, Lily and Cathy came through soaking wet. The tear behind Cathy closed and she looked at her friends concerned.

“You lot alright?” she asked.

“Yeah.” Regulus nodded. Lily and Severus both nodded with him.

Cathy noticed Lily holding her arms together and rubbing them in an attempt to warm herself.

“I’ll get you some towels.” Cathy said. As she walked past them, Cathy waved her hand over the fireplace and a large fire appeared. Both Lily and Severus moved quickly to the warm flame while Cathy disappeared up the stairs.

“Wait a minute.” Euphemia said. “This is our house.”

Although Regulus was also wet and cold, he moved toward the framed photographs on the walls. Looking at them, he saw Cathy as a little girl and her with her parents and several with James. Regulus smiled at the sight of all the pictures as he moved from one to another.