37

CHAPTER 37
| THREE TO FOUR MONTHS |

As Harry and the others continued to march up the stairs the camera’s view focused in on the grey concrete of the steps

As Harry and the others continued to march up the stairs the camera’s view focused in on the grey concrete of the steps. When the view zoomed back out, it showed the concrete wall that was seemed to be at a different location than that of the school.

As the camera’s view continued to zoom back, it revealed that Cathy was sitting up at a bed and was looking down at her hands in a serious manner. Behind her was a curtain that was abruptly opened by Mary McDonald who was dressed in a Healers uniform.

“Aw Mary look at you! You’re so grown up!” Dorcas tells the girl.

“Imagine my surprise that just as I was about to leave for the night, I got word that the Scarlet Witch herself had decided to grace our hospital with her presence.” Mary said making Cathy smile.

“I’m sorry but I didn’t want to make them call you.” Cathy apologized.

“You were supposed to get here three hours ago.” Mary said annoyed.

“I know. We had an incident in school that I couldn’t just leave.” Cathy said.

“An incident? That’s an over simplification.” Remus said.

Mary nodded and took out a file that she had under her arm.

“So according to what you told the other Healers you been getting fevers and chills and that you’ve been feeling a bit sick and really tired?” Mary enquired.

Cathy nodded. “Yeah. But the nausea could just be the effects of sitting next to Professor Lockhart every day for meals. His cologne is really something else.”

Several people giggled at the comment but Gilderoy just looked annoyed at the constant japes at his future self.

“Hmm.” Mary sat down of a chair and looked at Cathy with a smile that she was trying to hide. “Well from the workup that was done and the tests, I think I know what it is.”

“What is it?” Cathy asked.

“Well first of all what you though were fevers and chills are actually flashes.”

Cathy looked at the witch in confusion. “Flashes?”

“Yeah.” Mary nodded. “As in hot and cold flashes.”

Cathy stared at Mary for a moment expressionless.

“Oh god it’s not menopause, is it?” Cathy asked. “I know some women get it early, but I’m in my thirties.”

“Oh god please no.” Cathy pleaded.

“What’s menopause?” James asked his mother. “Is it like a disease?”

“Shh.” Euphemia shushed him as several of the older women shot his annoyed looks.

“Relax it’s not menopause.” Mary told her. “That would have been a pretty good guess though.”