34.

We went to the paddock separately the next day.
We weren't ready to explain, we wanted to keep it private for now.

But I was sure about this, he was it. The seed Max planted was dead. Lando killed it with his kisses, with his touches and most importantly with his love.

I scanned my pass and walked in the paddock by myself. "River!" Someone half yelled.

I turned around and was faced with Toto once again. "Did you just read my name off of the scanner?" I asked. This man was good at stalking people, I had to admit that.

"Guilty" he laughed. "Did you think about my offer?"

He still wanted me to join Mercedes after I literally told him off? I dragged his team but he didn't seem offended by it.

"We need you in our team" he almost begged. Toto was begging. Christian would've loved to see that but he would've hated to see the doubt on my face.

"I don't fit in your team Toto, I'm everything that doesn't represents Mercedes" in more ways than I could explain. "I am exactly the opposite of how you build your team"

"And that is exactly why we need you" he said as determined as he could. A few Red Bull employees started looking at us.

I needed to get out of here before Christian saw us.

"Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your offer but I owe Red Bull everything. I can't leave them" no matter how much I was up for the challenge, I needed to stay loyal to Christian.

"You're loyal and that is also why you don't belong there. They're using you but I won't push you" he said softly, probably also noticing the many eyes on us.

"If you ever change your mind, the offer is still standing" he said before walking to the Mercedes hospitality.

I looked at him before walking to the Red Bull hospitality. As expected Christian was already waiting for me.

He was sitting with Max and Helmut but immediately got up when he saw me and gestured to follow him.

He closed the door behind me and didn't even wait for me to sit down. "Who was in your room last night?"

I snorted. "That's literally none of your business"

"Was it someone from another team?" He put his hand on the desk, looking down at me.

I didn't answer because it was like I said, none of his business.

"You should stop screwing with everyone you meet" he snapped.

I chuckled. He did not just say that.

"Do I? You want me to screw Max though. I am sorry I can't be like him. I am so sorry to disappoint you all the time" I got up and walked to the door.

I turned around to look at him. "Toto was right, you're using me. I thought you wanted me to help make Max champion again but you want me to seduce him, to be a part of the family"

He looked down at his desk, proving I was right.

"But newsflash Christian, you ain't my dad and you never will be" I spat out, I didn't think about it and I regretted it as soon as I said those words.

He immediately looked up at me. "River" he pleaded. I broke him and I felt myself break too.

I shook my head before walking out of his office. I could feel the tears in my eyes.

"River" Max said as he tried to grab my arm. "You better stay away from me" I snapped. I wanted to be left alone, especially by these Red Bull people.

I almost ran out of the hospitality, I didn't even know where I was going until I was standing in front of another hospitality.

I guess my heart knew exactly where to go.