43.

Lando's POV

Same night

River ran out of my room and slammed the door behind her.
She was right, I should've told her but she was definitely overreacting.

She stole my damn money and never paid me back. Hell, I never told her about the notebook but I didn't lie nor betray her.

I grabbed my jacket, keys and my phone and walked out of my room.

Unfortunately, I knew River pretty well by now, she was probably getting drunk and hooking up with other guys.

I wanted to trust her, I wanted to believe she wouldn't do that anymore, but a little voice in my head kept saying she would exactly do that.

And that little voice got even louder when I met up with Max.

She betrayed him too, in a different way. Going to Mercedes definitely made him hate her.

"She just ran out when she found out" I explained. We were sitting in a random bar, we weren't drinking though. We needed to be sober for tomorrow.

He shrugged. "Yeah that's what she does and then she just runs to someone else, probably your biggest rival"

"But she was always so sweet though" I mumbled. "Sweet but psycho" he said as if he knew exactly what I was talking about.

Did she hook up with him too?

I titled my head, ready to ask him but someone interrupted us. "Lando, can I have a picture?"

"Sure" I grumbled, looking at the girl standing next to me.

Fuck, she was absolutely beautiful. Long black hair, probably around my age, her dress was barely covering her ass but showing her extremely long legs.

"You want to drink something? Lando is paying" Max chuckled. He probably noticed how mesmerized I was.

She tilted her head in surprise. "Oh is he? I want a glass of champagne" she said and sat down next to me.

River would never order the most expensive thing on the menu.

"What's your name?" I asked. "Georgia" she smiled.

"Anyways mate, I need to go" Max said as he got up and patted my back with a smirk.

He just walked away without waiting for us to say bye. "I think he set us up" she giggled. "Oh he definitely did"

I wasn't gonna complain though.

We talked all evening, she was so innocent, so different from River. She was the complete opposite of her.

"It's late and I have to be at the track tomorrow" I said as I paid for everything she ordered. A lot of champagne. "I can go with you?" she offered.

No Lando, tell her that it was nice meeting her but that you had someone.
That you liked someone else.

Someone who was probably in someone else's bed.

"Sure" I said with a smile.

—————————-

My alarm clock woke me up the next morning. It was race day and I was so ready for it.

Until I looked next to me. The girl from last night was laying next to me, naked.

I couldn't even remember we had sex and I was completely sober last night.

I got out of bed, I was still wearing my underwear so she probably took her clothes off for some reason. Maybe she wanted me to think we had sex, but I remembered how drunk she was.

She passed out in my bed, but she was fully clothed when I laid down next to her.

She groaned as she heard me getting up. "I need to go to the track, so you better put your clothes on" I said as I walked to the bathroom.

I was hoping she would be gone by the time I got out of the shower but unfortunately she wasn't.

"A true gentleman" she groaned again. "I am" I muttered. Just not for you.

River never complained about that, maybe because she also could take care of herself.

"Can I have one of your shirts?" She asked as she was putting her clothes back on. "No" I raised my eyebrow.

Who did she think she was?

"Whatever" she shrugged it off and walked up to me, giving me a kiss on my cheek. "Thanks for giving me one of the best nights"

She walked out after that. Good riddance, I was stupid to bring her back to my room.

She was nothing like River, nothing like the girl I was in love with.