64.

One week later

We had a couple of weeks off between Silverstone and the next race in Hungary.

Athena and I rented a place in London, it wasn't big but it was cosy and most importantly, it was somewhere I felt safe.

I haven't heard from Nate since that evening after the race, but I knew he was lurking around.
He was probably keeping his eye on me.

I wasn't proud of what I did in the past, but I couldn't turn back time. I had to deal with it.

The world doesn't give you things, you had to take them. Maybe I took that advice a little bit too literally.

Lando 💜

What do you think?
Sun, beach and most importantly
Me

Sounds AMAZING
Will there be sex involved?

Lots
But honestly I miss you
Come to Monaco please 😔

How can I say no to that face?

You can't!
So you're coming?

Already packing my suitcase baby

Duck yes!!

Duck?

Quack quack 🦆
(I meant fuck)

——————————

I flew to Monaco the next day. I wanted to be with Lando, I wanted to spend time with him outside the paddock, outside of the entire F1 circus.

"You promised me sun, beaches and sex" I reminded him as we were both standing in his kitchen. "I haven't seen any of that"

He chuckled. "With what do you wanna start?"

I pretended to think long and hard about that question. He probably expected me to say sex but I wasn't really a afternoon sex kind of person.

"Sun, definitely sun" I said.

"A poor choice" he acted all disappointed. "But whatever princess wants, princess gets" he held out his hand and I put mine in it without thinking twice.

Just as we walked out of his apartment building, Max was ready to walk in. I always forgot they lived in the same building.

"Where are you guys heading to?" Max asked but he wasn't looking at Lando, his gaze stayed on mine. His eyes explored my body, as if he wanted to remind me that he saw me naked.

"Just gonna enjoy the sun a little" Lando answered.

Max ignored him, he didn't even look at him. "Does Christian know you're here?"

"No, why?"

He shrugged his shoulders. "I was just curious"

I frowned. What was he trying to tell me? Was he just trying to get in my head?

"Anyways nice to see you, but we should get going" Lando said, squeezing my hand a little.

I nodded and we both said goodbye to Max. I had to admit that I enjoyed our time together, sex with him was pretty amazing but he was way too intense for me.

Lando was the perfect mixture of both. Sweet and intense. He would do everything for me and I would do everything for him.

He made me change my ways, he made me a better person. But deep down, the old River was still there.

The Black Cat as they called me.

"I have a question that I've been meaning to ask for a long time now" he shook me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"Back when you used my money, you bought cat food, but you don't have a cat, do you?"

Used his money, what a kind way to say I stole his money.

"No, I don't have a cat" I chuckled. "There are just a lot of stray cats around here" I explained.

He narrowed his eyes a little, he just fell a little more in love with me.

Another reason why they called me the Black Cat, because I used their money on cat food.

I chuckled, maybe it was a good nickname after all. But Nate forgot one thing, cats were sly, kind of devious even and I was gonna show him exactly that.