Daughter in law's Duty

Ratna was working at the kitchen when Khushi entered taking small and shy steps.. Ratna looked at her with amazement..Khushi was wearing a dark pink and golden chiffon sharee, light jewelry, mangal sutra and her partition was covered with sindor..She was looking very beautiful and different from her usual self..

Khushi smiled at her and Ratna responded with a bigger smile..Khushi covered her head with the pallu and bending down touched her feet..

'Hmm.. Bahu banne ki training bohut achi mili hai.. (You got good training in how to become daughter in law)..' Ratna said with a serious face..

Khushi looked down and Ratna chuckled, 'There is no need of doing all this beta..'

She nodded her head and asked, 'What should I do??'

'Nothing, go to your room and rest.. Why did you wake up this early ?? ' Ratna asked while pouring hot tea in a cup..

'I came here to make breakfast .. I need to make something sweet first, right??'.. She said timidly..

'Oh..So you are here to fulfill the daughter in law duties..' Ratna asked sarcastically..

'Yes but I used to help you in kitchen before also.. Except when I was having exams..'

'And except when you used to sleep late..' Saying that Ratna felt little awkward, as Khushi was blushing a little..

Ratna smiled inwardly and said,' Did you sleep well?? Chote came very late na..'

Khushi nodded positively and said, 'What should I make for breakfast??'

'Nothing!! Go to your room and rest for a while, you will make something sweet later but for now go.. Your puffy eyes are saying how well you slept last night..'

'But Auntie, let me help you please..'

'What did you call me??' Ratna asked angrily putting her hand on her hips..

Khushi bite her tongue and said, 'Sorry aun.. I mean Ma ji..'

'Sirf Ma, you will call me Ma only, not Ma ji..Just like Chote calls me..Is it clear?'

She smiled and said, 'Clear Ma!!'

Ratna cupped her face and said, 'That's like my good girl..My dear a good daughter in law plays many roles, some time she becomes daughter of her in law's, sometimes even their parents and when needed she plays the role of their son too and you will get lots of chances through out your life to play all these role for me, right now let me become your Ma..'

Khushi looked at her with confusion and Ratna continued, 'You will only concentrate on your studies and your relationship with your husband for now.. I am still strong enough to take care of the house hold work, yes you can and will help me but not now..Go and rest for a while, you have to attend class today!!'

'Class?? You want me to go to college today??'

'Yes, you have already missed lots of your classes and what did you think that just because you are married now, you don't have to worry about studying..haa!?!?'

'No, it's not like that.. I thought you will not like me joining college,right away..

'And why not??' Ratna asked raising her eyebrows, Khushi didn't answer as she was not sure what to say, specifically she didn't want to say her mother and aunt told her to take a break from studying..

'Beta I didn't go to college ever and that's why my son had to take my responsibilities sacrificing his childhood, his happiness.. I will pray no harm ever touched you both but still I want you to get your education, to be capable of standing in your own feet.. So, that if ever life demands you can carry your responsibilities..' Ratna said emotionally and Khushi hugged her from her back..

In Your love..(Tere Payar mein..)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें