What We Tell Our Love

Ryujin and Yeji sat in the big bay window in Yeji's room

Ryujin and Yeji sat in the big bay window in Yeji's room. She was reclining between Yeji's legs as the latter wrapped her arms around her.

"Are you ready for the comeback?" Yeji asked.

"No matter how much we practice, it seems like there is always more to practice. Remember when we were 18? No matter how much we danced, I felt like I could go on forever. But not so much anymore. I've come to depend on ice packs more." Yeji laughed and hugged her tighter. "Yikes," Ryujin said, "When did your biceps get hard as a rock?"

Yeji's mind scrambled. "I've been doing some exercises when I can, mostly push-ups."

"Keep going - mommy likes!" Ryujin laughed.

"Can I show you something that's really hard for me to share?"

"Of course."

"You're closer to my feet, so could you pull my socks off?" Yeji asked.

When Ryujin saw Yeji's scarred feet, she gasped. "What - what happened?

"Just a stupid accident. I got in a bike accident years ago, and my feet ended up getting caught in the spokes. There's no other damage, just my feet. It looks worse than it is."

Yeji giggled as Ryujin pulled her feet up to her mouth and kissed each one. "Well, they're still gorgeous, and it shows that you've lived a little. But we've known each other for years. I can't believe I never noticed."

"I always wear socks or slippers when I'm around others," Yeji said.

"Why? Do you think we would have laughed at you? I think you know better," she scolded. Gently she petted Yeji's feet. "I'm not sure why, but this somehow makes you sexier!"

They were quiet as they looked over the city. Yeji felt like her soul was breaking. She wanted Ryujin to see her feet first, rather than have to show her and explain it when the time came that they got... close. But she couldn't escape what she was: a liar, someone who cons the people she cares about the most. With her feet, she both wanted to be honest with Ryujin, but it also made her secretly proud of what she did in her secret life. She had no idea how to reconcile the two worlds, the two people.

"The next time we play Paris, I'll be the only one who knows it still exists because of me," she thought.

The woman who was a world-famous kpop idol, and the woman who was also a ruthless international assassin, leaned forward and kissed Ryujin on the back of her head and inhaled deeply just so she could smell her girlfriend. She prayed that the beautiful smell would come with her on every mission.