Final Mission: Overlord II

Yeji and Winter fist-bumped and set off. Winter headed for the train to her apartment so she could suit up and grab a small assortment of weapons. Once she was loaded up, she would meet Yeji at a Starbucks across the street from the MI6 building. Then, Yeji and Winter would rescue Allam's family in the hospital, and see if they were in good enough condition for an evac. If things were dicey, Yeji and Winter would make the conditions good enough.

Once they were done with the first two parts of the mission, the third - rescuing Ryujin - would begin.

Yeji caught a cab outside of the hotel. The irony wasn't lost on her. She was taking an ordinary cab to a deadly, probably fatal, mission that would require the best of her to unleash the worst of her. But this time Ryujin's life was in the balance too. Her fingers tapped on the car door nervously.

Yeji stopped at home and suited up, and then took an Uber to the MI6 building. Once outside, she squinted in the bright sunlight and looked for Winter. She found her sipping an iced coffee outside on the sidewalk, and rocking a stroller back and forth with great difficulty.

Would winter steal a baby? Yeji asked. Best not to speculate.

Winter rolled her eyes. "Before you ask, yes, I did steal a baby. Well, I didn't steal it officially. I simply moved it from one stroller to a stranger's stroller. They'll figure it out eventually."

"May I see your baby?" Yeji asked.

"Of course. I think she's the spitting image of her mother - me!"

Yeji carefully pulled back the little blankets in the stroller. There was brick after brick labeled: "SEMTEX 1A."

"Winter, how much did you bring?"

"About 75 pounds. This is what we'll need to do what you want, and then some. I'll place charges around the building. No one's going to pay attention to a young mom pushing a stroller."

"I'll never be able to thank you enough," Yeji said.

Winter grinned. "Just save Ryujin. You don't owe me anything."

. . . . .

There was one way to find out where Ryujin was being kept. She was going to walk right in the front door of MI6, and she'd ask the first person she found. Simple. Human nature was something Yeji knew intimately. Most people were perfectly polite and cheerful, but they usually knew nothing, or just knew the lies they had been told and chose to believe. But the higher up the chain you went, the more you found out, but the more that person had to make that person suffer in order to cooperate.

She approached the reception desk at MI6's headquarters, located on the bank of the Thames.

"Hi, I'm here for a meeting with Sir Robert Whately, the Chief of MI6."

The receptionist was taken aback. "Um... can I get your name?"

"Vector."

"Vector, of course. Let me see if anyone is available." She picked up the phone and whispered low enough that Yeji couldn't hear her. Finally she set the phone down. "Someone will be down in 20 minutes or so, if you'd like to wait."

"Of course," Yeji said. They need 20 minutes to get a kill team ready, she thought. Finally a young man appeared, dressed very fashionably in a slim fitting blue suit. They got in an elevator. The button for the 19th floor was lit up. Yeji smiled at the young man. He cleared his throat and smiled back.

She hit him with her elbow, squarely in the orbit bone on the outside of his left eye, which shattered. He slid to the floor. Then she yawned and pressed the button for the 18th floor. The 19th was the home of upper management, in particular, the director of the agency. Once it stopped, she crept out carefully and headed for the stairway in the corner. Now she would dictate the battle terms on the floor above. There wasn't much time. Once the unconscious man was found, the building would go on full lockdown. Actually, Yeji was counting on a lockdown. Chaos would erupt and the staff would immediately go to their assigned rooms - and stay there.