T w e n t y - f o u r

14th March 2021

Billies POV

It's Grammys day bitchesssss. Even though im hella nervous I know in going to be fine. I have Finn, Claudia and El with me so what can go wrong.

We decided to all meet at my moms house so we can arrive together and walk down the red carpet as a whole. I got in my outfit and got the finishing piece out of a drawer. Sunglasses.

I hobbled into the living room since I'm trying to walk without crutches to see that El is already sitting down in her suit looking fine as fuck as always. She was scrolling through her phone stroking Pepper's head which is crazy because she growls at everyone apart from El.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water before trying to walk into the living room. A couple of steps into the room my leg gave way making me fall to the floor and the water going everywhere as well as the glass smashing. Straight away El runs over checking I'm okay before helping me to the couch and going back to clean up the glass/water.

"I can do it I promise" I went to stand up receiving a 'don't you fucking dare' glare from El so I huffed and leaned back on the couch.

Once she was done she went to my room grabbing my crutches and handing them to me. "I don't-"

"Uh" El said shutting me up "Billie listen to me. You are going to use them, full stop. This is how you're going to injure yourself even more" With that being said Claudia and Finn come in holding hands and headed straight over to us.

"Hiya I'm Claudia" she said to El and opened her arms asking if she can hug her. That's something I like about Claudia, she never forces you to have a hug even though she really likes them. She also bent down giving me a hug before sitting next to Finn.

We made casual conversation before getting a text saying the limo is outside. Ikr a fucking limo. We got in so Claudia is sat next to me and El is opposite. We were making jokes the whole entire time while we were travelling to the venue until about 5 minutes away I saw a slight change in El. She seemed.. nervous?

I've never thought of El being nervous. I leant my back against the window so it was easier to hold El's hand and lightly traced my thumb on the back of it.

Once we got there the driver got out and opened the door. Finn and Claudia got out first and stretched out their hand to help me out. I turned around to see El passing over my crutches and slowly moving over so I did the same thing and held my hand out.

We walked across the carpet and the whole time I couldn't help but feeling like a right tool but every single second El had her hand on my back rubbing it in slow circles. There's something I havent told anyone apart from Finn. I'm preforming tonight.

I'm not even going to worry about that now because that's later that evening after about 3/4 of the awards. We watched two award categories before a guy came up to us asking if they can interview us which obviously I agreed. (This is how it works in my head soooo)

"Billie eilish we haven't heard anything from you in ages how have you been?" This guy asked holding out a second mic for me to grab.

"I mean it's been pretty hectic man" I laughed it off and I heard Finn mumble something but I couldn't quite make it out.

"and what's happened to you? Last time we saw you were all good and now you have a wrist brace and an ankle cast with crutches" he asked and I rolled my eyes a little. I knew it was going to come up but when you ask people questions like that you don't word it like that.