05

आखें मेरी हर जगह 

आखें मेरी हर जगह 

ढूंढे तुझे बेवजह 

ये मैं हूँ या कोई और है 

मेरी तरह.. 

कैसे हुआ.. कैसे हुआ.. 

तू इतना ज़रूरी कैसे हुआ

Author's POV

Rubbing her palms over her face in exhaustion, she left the warm premises of her mansion to let the cold air envelop her. For the first time in life, she felt disappointed by following the path she did. Her desire to touch the moon brought her to her knees in a painfully cold way, leaving her alone in the middle of a crowd. A blow of wind gushed past her, making her throat clog with emotions. This afternoon she had given him hopes of a tomorrow with her, but by night she snatched them brutally. She wanted him to be done with her. To be over her. Something which the past four years failed to do. Her words wanted to make the impossible possible. She craved to be in his arms, yet her destination seemed so far away. She shivered as the furious blows of wind reminded her of the conversation she had with her mother.

She was able to bear everything, but the weight of her mother's words was killing her. Her every merry step towards her room was analyzed with ardent apprehension as if her smile was an obstacle in her path. She had noticed Payal whispering something to her, but she didn't dare imagine her mother would blame her for something so cheap.

When their angry banter escalated, it took the form of lava that burned her heart. She had hopes that one day her mother would be back to her, ignoring whatever ropes of hatred Payal was tying her with. Today her hope shattered like a pack of cards, unable to bear the force of the air of distrust.

"You are planning to run away and humiliate me, right? Shivanshi, I have always ordered you around, but this time I request you to behave maturely. If you ran away like this, Payal's life would be ruined. The prince coming to see her next week would refuse to marry her due to your flaws. It's a humble request, Shivanshi, don't spoil lives with your recklessness," Gayathri pleaded, frustrated by her daughter's inconsiderate behavior.

Shivanshi gaped at her, unable to understand what she was talking about. Why would she even run away from a wedding with the man she loved like a mad woman? How did her mother even get that absurd idea?

"Why would I run away?" she questioned.

"Your love letters addressed to an unknown man must answer this for you." Her mother threw an array of envelopes at her. She opened them to see the letters she had stored for her door prince in the first year of his absence. She was about to smile fondly, but her mother's next words snatched the land beneath her feet.