𝟎𝟎𝟏

मुझको

मुझको.. इतना बताये कोई 

कैसे तुझसे दिल ना लगाए कोई 

रब्बा ने तुझको बनाने में 

कर दी है हुस्न की खाली तिजोरियाँ

Author's POV

The delicate fragrance of sandalwood swiveled in the premises of the cubicle as soon as a woman entered inside with a bunch of tiger lilies in her hand. She smiled, inhaling the air perfumed by her essence before walking towards the side table and arranging the flowers in the vase. Straightening her light turquoise blue saree, she got up from her crooked position which the magnetic pull of lilies had brought her to. Her gaze fell at the watch on her hand and she rushed to pick her planner and start her job for the day. After all, she was the personal assistant of Rudra Pratap Suryavanshi, Shivangi Mittal. Seeing the office devoid of any kind of dust, shortcomings, or unorganized aspects, she smiled to herself.

(Her saree 🔼)

(Her saree 🔼)

Her feminine frame quickly turned towards the door as she heard someone clearing his throat. There stood her devil on earth leaning against the doorframe looking at her with his usual hooded eyes. The same almond-brown eyes that haunted her in ways she never dared to admit. He pushed against the wall, standing to his full height before he walked towards her with large steps. His six-feet self bent to her 5'5 and touched his forehead with hers. She inhaled heavily clutching the edges of her saree, though it was his daily routine. Her heart still went on a rollercoaster of heavenly emotions whenever he touched her heart with just a light brush of their skin.

Like every morning, he quietly backed off as soon as the red tilak (forehead mark worn on the forehead after religious offering) on his forehead got transferred to hers. Initially, she had protested and asked why did he not bring the Pooja Thali along to apply it on her head as he claimed to pray for the well-being of his family every morning. She had accepted the fact years back that she was his family because maybe for him, all employees were his family. He directly told her that there was no need to carry the plate if he could easily transfer a share of his blessings to her, effectively shutting her up.