【0001】

हवा के जैसे चलता है तू 

मैं रेत जैसे उडती हूँ 

कौन तुझे यूँ प्यार करेगा 

जैसे मैं करती हूँ

Author's POV

A girl in her twenties sighed, standing in front of the pale wooden door as felt dread seeping into her bones. Dealing with the woman inside the freshly cleaned room was the most troublesome task for any doctor on duty, as her foul language and ugly demands tormented you for days. She had looked at the list in hand disdainfully, hating that her name was mentioned in the sheet to handle the most difficult patient in the room. Hoping for a miracle she was about to open the door when someone kept a hand on her shoulder. Turning around, she saw a gorgeous woman looking back at her with an eye-blinding smile, making her happily smile back. That was what Sanvi Ishaan Malhotra did to people—made them smile at their worst.

"Go Neha, I will handle this one" Sanvi patted Neha's shoulder while she hugged her out of happiness.

"You are truly a goddess, Sanvi. Thank you so much. I'll handle your rounds for the next session. Just bear this one woman for me," she pleaded while Sanvi laughed and stepped away to attend to the patient.

Neha walked away thanking her while Sanvi looked at the clock ticking away the wee hours of the night as she had intentionally taken on the night duty yet again, unable to muster the courage to face what was written in her fate. Facing a bad-tempered woman was so much easier than bearing what was waiting at home for her. She shook her head and attended to Kajal, the obnoxious rich patient whose upcoming surgery was taking a toll on her. Kajal instead of yelling like she did at other doctors, smiled brightly, seeing Sanvi. She looked at her as if she was in urgent need of Sanvi's daily dose.

She smiled back and carried on with the routine check-up procedure as she asked Kajal, "Why did you not let the nurse inject you?"

Kajal rolled her eyes, hiding the fact that she intentionally disturbed the nurse so that she went running to Sanvi and made her come to her.

"She refused to wash her hands in front of me. What if her carelessness kills me?" Kajal asked, while Sanvi kept a hand on her shoulder and assured her, "What if it's your lack of faith that does?"

"Why is it only happening to me? I grow paranoid about everything these days. I can't leave my son alone. I want to live with my husband. What if I die?" she asked timidly. Everyone saw a rich woman who threw tantrums. Nobody saw how scared she was of death approaching her in the name of the surgery.