𝟎𝟎𝟔

सजदे किये हैं लाखों, लाखों दुआएँ माँगीपाया है मैंने फिर तुझेचाहत की तेरी मैंने, हक में हवाएँ माँगीपाया है मैंने फिर तुझे

पाया है मैंने फिर तुझे
चाहत की तेरी मैंने, हक में हवाएँ माँगी
पाया है मैंने फिर तुझे

Author's POV

How would the sun's rays disturb a soul who never caught a wink of sleep the whole night? For Shivangi, day and night seemed the same as she had chosen this darkness for herself. It's better than pushing the light out of his sparkling life. She thought, smiling sadly to herself as she demeaned herself a little more. The first thing she did after getting up was call Avika, a friend from the office whom she sent to check on him and tell her if he was fine. Yes, she wanted to leave him, but her heart would never be at peace until she knew he was perfectly fine. She'd find a way to seek his well-being from afar, never letting her cursed shadow touch him.

"Is he fine?" she typed into the accessible text-to-speech system nervously.

"Shiv.. Shivangi...He is fine," Avika said, making her frown. Something was wrong! She is hiding something. Shivangi concluded, listening to Avika's trembling voice.

"What are you trying to hide? Tell me, Avika. You are worrying me," Shivangi demanded.

"Shivangi, he is fine. He's just being a little too much. Seriously, it's nothing to worry about," she assured.

"Don't talk in circles. What do you mean by being too much?" How dare she say that?

"Fine! He refuses to have medicines until you spoon-feed him. He was attacked last night in the hospital. Someone injected a drug into his system that was pretty much harmful to him. He was saved in time, but he refuses to get treated properly until you come and feed him the medicines," she elaborated, making Shivangi fume. He had no right to play with his life this way. What sort of hospital management is it where a patient gets attacked and they do nothing about it? If my Rudra is injured, that does not mean no one will fight with them in his place. How dare they show such carelessness towards his safety? People have started to take my man for granted as danger murks around the walls of the premises of his presence, but his security turns invisible towards it. She kept going on and on as she got up throwing away the quilt from her body and storming towards the washroom to get ready to fight a battle with the inconsiderate hospital authorities. There was no way she was going in front of Rudra, but she was going to berate the nurses for succumbing to his zidd and not giving him medicines by hook or crook. She very well knew that if he wanted to be stubborn, then even the entire hospital crew wouldn't be able to make him chew a morsel without his will but when his health was concerned she was all ready to be a hungry lioness and pounce on the first prey she got.

Getting ready in one of her pastel-colored sarees, she entered the extravagant hospital building trying to keep her distracted mind at bay. Every instance, every little detail, and every flash of yesterday's happening came crashing back as she stepped inside. Her tears insisted on being unleashed, but she kept them tightly hooked in a corner of her mind where no tenderness could reach. Walking straight towards the CEO's cabin situated on the top floor she dashed into the cubicle as if she owned the world. Surprisingly none of the officials standing nearby stopped her. Huh! What can I expect from a hospital with this shitty level of security? She mocked them.