Chapter 26: Bruce Dalton

We stayed at June's parents' house for about two more days before leaving back to Westmoor. It was so fucking nice to get to be with her parents and just spend time with June outside of Grove Heights and Westmoor area.

It's not that she's a different person, but I love the relationship she has with her parents, and seeing her be weird and crazy with them made me appreciate her even more. She trusts me enough to show that side of her that she regularly hides from other people. Her parents invite me into her place, and they're so fucking welcoming.

They take such good care of each other. I'm grateful to be reminded of their relationship. It's not that I have a bad relationship with my parents, which makes me the least relatable Devil's Rose MC official member, but it's different from what she has with hers.

It's not that I have to hide anything, it's more that I don't want them to know everything.

June gets the message that when she's with her parents, it's time to fucking let loose. Run rampant. Go fucking crazy. I'm pretty sure that they know more about my life than I do.

Now, the two of us are heading back to the airport and getting ready for the plane ride back to Dallas where I have a little surprise for her. Because of everything, we didn't even have the chance to go on an actual date.

I haven't treated her to anything. I am going to spoil her for the rest of our lives, but I get to treat her to things as her boyfriend. That makes me excited.

Wanting to surprise, but not exactly sure where and with what, I thought of music concerts. She's always been a fan of them, and in college, she would spend money that she certainly didn't have, getting tickets to a bunch of random concerts in New York. New York is just a bunch of random tickets to insanity every day, but she would go see different artists all over the city.

Anyway, while I was searching, I found Hozier tickets and instantly bought them not knowing how we would get there and how I would surprise her or anything. I just knew I had to buy them because he's literally her favorite artist, and I knew it would make her happy. Which is my entire goal in this life. So actually, her running from me ended up being a bonus.

She thinks we're flying to West Mayford, which is a metropolis about forty-five minutes from Westmoor, but she's about to be fucking surprised when the airline workers announce Dallas instead.

Maybe I had to have Piper hack into her phone for a brief change of flight, but she doesn't give a shit (not knowing my end goal and finding me cute as hell), and when if June were to ever figure out why, she got to see Hozier out of it and wouldn't care that much either.

Alpha, who didn't approve and knows that I did anyway, hasn't said anything about it yet, so I'm going to assume I'm in the clear. I probably shouldn't assume anything, but I honestly don't care. As long as June is happy with what she's getting, I can deal with the consequences of my actions. A good reaction from her means more than anyone else's bad or good ones.

After going through security, which is the most stressful thing I've ever faced in my life, find ourselves at the gate. June stares at me dumbstruck, trying to figure out why we're going to Dallas instead of West Mayford.

I tell her to keep calm and explain that I have a surprise waiting for her. And she trusts me. She sits down on the uncomfortable airport seat, a Gatorade in one hand and Sour Patch Kids in the other, and waits for them to call that boarding has started.

I watch her out of the corner of my eye, not paying attention to the book in my hand, but to the way she smiles at the videos on her screen like a fucking iPad kid. I love this woman more than anything in the whole world. I'm so grateful I get to spend my life with her and that I know her.

The thirty-minute wait goes by quicker than I thought it would, and we board the plane which is also stressful for no fucking reason. I just don't get why these normal things in an airport get to me more than shooting a gun at people does.

She gets the window while I get the aisle seat, because I'm a gentleman, and is once again distracted by the downloaded movie that she has on. I'm pretty sure it's Ocean's Eleven, but I can't one hundred percent tell. I just see hot men on the screen.

We don't talk that much on the flight, but we subtly hold hands, not wanting to make the passengers around us uncomfortable. There's no fucking reason for that, and I hate when couples do that. We get it, you're together, but that doesn't mean we need to hear you fuck. It fucking bothers me to no end, I swear.

Right when we get off the plane in Dallas, I hand her a box that has her concert outfit in it, she just doesn't know that yet. She takes it with a skeptical look on her face and steps into the bathroom, getting changed into the clothes even though she has no idea why.

This is so fun for me. She has no idea what a good time she's about to have. She has no idea why I'm doing what I'm doing, and I get to enjoy every confused look on her face. I want to do this for her all the time because this is amazing, not only because she deserves it.

She steps out of the bathroom looking too fucking good in her black jeans, deep blue crop top, and white Converse. I just took whatever Persephone thought was best, so it is what it is. But she doesn't look disappointed in the outfit, and I think she looks hot, so it works out.

"Vegas, I'm confused. I'm so so confused."

"Just hang on. I promise not knowing will be worth it."

"I trust you, but this is odd."

I smile down at her, kissing her forehead softly as we wait for the car keys to the car I rented for the next couple of days (as we travel and head back to Westmoor). The worker hands the keys before leaving us to it.

We head out into the slightly cold weather, June tucking her body into mine, as we head for the BMW SUV that I thought would be best for our drive and comfortability. The stunned look on her face gives me so much pride that my ego can barely handle it.

Fuck, I love treating her like this. I'm so fucking happy that I can give her these experiences. She goes into full passenger princess mode the second she sits in the heated seats. The Bluetooth system, which ironically plays Hozier, is hers too.

"You have to tell me what's going on, Bruce."

"Uh, no, I don't."

"It's sorta against the law to not tell me."

"Which code are you talking about?"

"The kidnapping code."

"I thought you booktok women loved that," I banter back.

"Shut up. It's fictional, that's why it works."

I lay a hand on her thigh, squeezing it a little.

"You love it, ladybug. So just sit there, relax, and I'll take care of you," I tease, knowing exactly how it sounds coming out of my mouth.

"Don't play games," she says with a roll of her eyes.

But by the way she's trying not to squeeze her thighs together, I know she's turned on.

That'll have to wait.

As we pull into the venue parking lot, and I show my tickets to the worker there, I can tell that June's getting more antsy than ever. The second she sees the sign hanging outside the concert venue, a gasp exits her mouth, and I know she's about to cry.

"Bruce," she whispers, "what? How?"

"Come on, ladybug, we've got a concert to see."

I chuckle as she struggles to comprehend what's happening. I let her try to figure it out while I tug her out of the car and guide her inside the venue. Another worker gets us to our front-row seats, and when I look back at June who I'm still tugging behind me, the tears are streaming down her face.

"Happy tears, right?"

"What the fuck, Bruce. This is incredible."

"I'm glad you like the surprise. Enjoy the show."

And Hozier steps out onto the stage.