Chapter 32: June Emerson

"Hi, Mom and Dad," I say happily, wrapping my arms around them before hugging my sister, Georgie.

Georgie is actually in on the whole wedding thing because she's going to be the one marrying the two of us.

I hold them close to me and then step away to hug Bruce's family, Andy (his mom), Stephen (his dad), and Adam (his brother). Crayon and Doug also made the trip to Westmoor, stunning me slightly when they jump on top of me.

The rest of the MC is there, meaning in the park near the river that flows beside Westmoor, getting to know my family as well and greeting Bruce and me in their typical joyful yet reserved way. At least the official members do it that way, the Old Ladies can't contain their excitement when they see the ring sitting on my finger.

Just wait until they realize that the two of us are getting married. Legally, we already are, having stopped at the courthouse and paid off a few people so we could get married right away.

We had another couple getting married, two lovely strangers, be our witnesses because we had no one else there. We didn't want to call anyone because that would have given away the surprise.

I'm surprised no one but Reaper has caught on to what's happening though. The moment he saw the two of us, I knew that he knew. Thankfully and very in line with the guy that he is, he hasn't said anything or given the hint to anyone else.

It's been about thirty minutes since we've gotten to the "engagement" party about to turn into our wedding, and Bruce and I are about to go fucking crazy not being married in front of the people we love already.

Yeah, getting married right now was such a good idea on my part. All we are waiting for are the donuts.

We don't want to be reciting our vows right as they show up. It's not the donut shop's fault at all either. It's about two in the afternoon, and we did say to deliver them around two fifteen, so it's just Bruce and I are unable to be fucking patient.

We see the truck come around the corner, and Bruce wraps an arm around my waist, telling me that it's time for our announcement. After we've taken care of getting the donuts (with vegan and gluten-free options), we stand up in front of everyone, hand in hand.

"Thank you all so much for joining us to celebrate our engagement," I start, "we are so grateful to have so much love in our lives."

"But do have a little surprise for you all, however. This is actually our wedding," Bruce announces, just as we had planned.

I think my mom is about to faint but everyone seems to be excited as fuck about it.

Georgie steps up, standing behind us as we turn toward each other and away from the cheering audience. Bruce holds my hands in his, a slight shine of tears in his eyes as he begins his vows.

"June, I have loved you since freshman year of college twenty-something years ago. Throughout that time, you have been my friend and my supporter. You have been someone I could always go to, someone I could lean on, someone I could be myself with. I'm so grateful to have you in my life, and I wouldn't be who I am today without you.

"Just as you have been there for me, I will always be there for you. My shoulder is yours to lean on. My heart is yours for you to have. My love is yours. My love for you has no conditions. My love for you is everlasting. I am yours, always."

I brush away the tear on my cheek as he slides the butterfly ring onto my finger, above my engagement ring.

"I was slow to realize my love for you. Over the years, I had no idea that I was helplessly and unconditionally in love with you. But you didn't care. You were always there; you waited for me. I want to thank you for that. Thank you for allowing me to grow and change and realize my love for you.

"Knowing you is my greatest honor, and I will be here for you, unwavering, as we journey through the rest of this life together. I love you more than I will ever be able to express to you in words. You are my everything, and I am so excited to go on together. I love you."

"Do you, Vegas-" thank fuck she remembered that "-take June to be your lawly wedding wife?"

"I do."
"Do you, June, take Vegas to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do. That's the easiest question I've ever been asked."

Bruce chuckles, leaning down to press a light kiss to my lips before Georgie can even say the words "You may now kiss the bride." I hear our friends and family clapping for us while we pull away, whistles entering the air.

Bruce and I stare up at each other, not able to keep our eyes off one another. There is no aisle for us to walk down, so instead, we still stand together in front of the crowd, Georgie having made her way back to our parents.

Adam, getting the memo, hands each of us a glass of champagne and Bruce raises his glasses to get everyone to quiet down again.

"To my wife for being as intelligent and gorgeous as she is."

"And to Vegas," I announce, raising my glass too, "for being so patient with me."

My now husband (which is kind of crazy to think about) kisses me on the head before tilting down to my ear and speaking softly to me.

"Always, my ladybug, always. For a million years and beyond."

I squeeze his forearm, trying to stop myself from crying, but it's too fucking late. He gently brushes the tears away from my cheeks and kisses my lips with care once again.

The sun is beginning to set just as the party starts to die down. My parents and sister, tired from their travels, head back to the hotel that Alpha set them up in, and Adam, Stephen, and Andy trail behind them, all six of them chatting happily.

Not that I expected any different, but I'm so fucking glad they all get along.

The official MC members start heading off the their respective homes, but as soon as Slasher leaves, Dakota, Poison, and Carbon start gossiping their heads off about where he's headed off to. Huh, I wonder what's going on with that.

Alpha is the last one to leave, Persephone sitting casually on the back of his bike, putting her helmet on her head.

"I just wanted to say congratulations one last time to you both. I know the joy that comes with finding your person," he divulges, turning his head back to look at his wife on his bike.

Alpha continues, most definitely having wisdom.

"If I can give you one piece of advice, let it be this. You are a team, a partnership. It's never you two against each other, it's always you two against the problem. From what I've seen, you two have a beautiful partnership, never forget that."

Bruce and he wrap each other up in a tight hug, Alpha pressing a friendly kiss to my cheek, and he practically runs back to his wife. We watch the two of them go before staring out over the park and into the mountains.

Orange and pink light up the sky as we stand together, our warmth curling around one another. Bruce's hand on my back turns heavy when he pulls me closer to him softly, and I curl my fingers into the white dress shirt that he wears.

The silence is peaceful, both of us just needing the comfort of each other's presence. Today has been a good day. I can't fucking wait for it to continue tonight.

"I'm so glad that you are here with me," he confesses, kissing me for the thousandth time tonight.

"I'm so glad that I'm here with you, love," I reply back without hesitation.

"I dreamed of this moment forever, and it's surreal that it's happening, that we're here."

"Did it live up to your expectations?"

"It exceeded every single one, June. This is bliss."

I turn my head to look up at him, and he tilts his down to look at me. Our brown eyes meet, my whole world stills, and I never want to leave this moment. I love this man so much.

"What do you want to do first?" he asks me.

"As husband and wife?"

"As what else, ladybug?"

"Want to get ice cream?"

"Yes," he replies, smiling down at me.

And so we do.

Vegas: Devil's Rose #9जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें