Moving Back

Bright's siblings were sitting in the car

Bright's siblings were sitting in the car. Anna leaned on her hand in the back seat and looked at the passing scenery. Ben sat in the front seat and looked at his little brother in the back seat who excitedly looked at the trees and cars passing by. A smile came to Ben's face and he looked at his sister who didn't look happy. Ben reached out and squeezed his sister's knee.

Anna turned her eyes to her brother and Ben smiled sadly at Anna. A small smile appeared on Anna's face and she turned her gaze back to the scenery. Their uncle who was driving the car looked at the rearview mirror with a smile and then spoke. "Your grandparents are excited to have you live with them." He spoke glancing at Ben in the front seat and then at the rear view mirror.

"We're also glad they're taking us to live with them, even though it's hard to go back..." Ben said turning to look at his Uncle who gave a small smile. "We decided together that it's better to take you away, but now it's time to go back. Believe me, you'll be more comfortable at home." He said, looking ahead at the approaching traffic lights.

The town of Forks was dark and small. It always rained there and rarely saw the sun. "I hope you guys have more than just summer clothes." Their uncle said with a chuckle and Anna looked up. Arthur chuckled and looked at his sister. "The cold weather doesn't stop Anna, she will wear a bikini." Arthur said aloud.

"Shut the fuck up." Anna nudged her brother on the shoulder and rolled her eyes as she turned away. "Language Anna, we don't want to give your grandma a heart attack first." Their uncle said and Ben chuckled and looked the other way.

Anna rolled her eyes and sighed aloud. Their uncle cleared his throat. "You remember what happened in California is kept between us. We don't want to worry Grandma and grandpa." Ben turned to look at his Uncle and smiled. "They better not hear about it or grandma will have heart attack, and you don't need Anna's language for that." Ben said with a grin on his face and looked at his sister in the backseat. Anna raised her middle finger and Ben showed her his tongue.

"It wasn't even my fault." Anna said and Arthur looked at them confused. Their uncle looked in the rearview mirror and sighed. "Let's agree that I didn't see that, but we won't talk about it any more. Anna must have understood what she did." Their uncle said and turned the car onto a familiar looking forest road. "What did Anna do? Is that why we left California?" Arthur finally asked. Anna and Ben looked at each other and their uncle was silent. "That's not why we left." Anna said looking at her little brother. "I do not believe you." Arthur said pointing at her. "Whatever." Anna rolled her eyes.

The rest of the way they sat in silence and stared at the forest road. Behind the trees, you could see a little bit of the beach. The car turned onto a smaller courtyard road and it didn't take long before a familiar house came into view. Their uncle stopped the car next to the other cars and Arthur got out first and ran towards the front door which their grandmother opened.

Their grandmother looked the same as she did ten years ago when they left here. They have been visiting California for a couple of years. A smile on her face as she opened her arms and welcomed Arthur warmly.
Their Uncle got up next and went to the front door. Ben sighed deeply and looked at Anna who was already looking at her brother. They smiled and got out of the car at the same time.