Jacob Black

A groan escaped Anna's mouth as she turned onto her side to reach up to turn off her alarm clock which read seven in the morning

A groan escaped Anna's mouth as she turned onto her side to reach up to turn off her alarm clock which read seven in the morning. She rubbed her eyes and looked at the window where a small light came through the curtains and illuminated the room. "Anna get up, breakfast is almost ready." Ben's voice came from behind the door. Anna pushed the blanket aside and her toes hit the floor which felt warm. She stretched her muscles and started walking towards the bathroom. The smell of the pancakes carried from the kitchen to the stairs and Anna felt her stomach growling. "Good morning my dear." Laurel greeted from the kitchen at the same time Anna walked in and went to sit next to her brothers. "Morning Grandma." Anna replied smiling back. "Are you excited to start school?" Their grandmother asked as she put breakfast on the table. "Same old." Ben answered, pouring coffee into mugs. Anna looked at her brother who poured coffee for her and took the cup and drank the first sip this morning. "I'm a little nervous." Arthur said quietly eating cereal. Anna turned to look at her brother with a sympathetic expression and raised her hand to stroke his brother's hair. "It makes me nervous too, but it's going well. The first day is always difficult, but that's about it." Anna said smiling at her brother and Ben gave a small smile. "That's right." Arthur nodded and continued eating his cereal. Anna looked at Ben who was staring at his little brother. "Eat now so you won't be late on the first day." Laurel said drinking coffee and taking the newspaper with her. Anna looked at her plate and started eating, quietly looking at her brothers who were also focused on eating. Anna finished her plate and put away the dishes. She went to brush her teeth and brushed her hair to leave it loose. She put on a black shirt and black jeans. Packing her school bag, she put on black boots and a dark green raincoat because it was raining outside, which apparently happens all the time here.

Grandpa had already left to take Arthur to Forks and Ben handed his sister the lunch box and they started walking to the pickup truck. Anna sat in the front seat and put her backpack on the middle seat. Ben started the car and went into reverse to make the car turn around towards the yard road. They sat in silence until they reached a road with a little view of the beach. "Do you know where the school is?" Anna asked her brother while looking at the trees that passed by. "Grandpa gave the instructions, it's not far." Ben said looking down the road and reading the paper in his lap. Anna nodded and continued to look out. There was a black figure in the tree line that caught Anna's attention. She blinked a few times and the figure was gone and far behind. Anna glanced at her brother, who was focused on orienting himself to school.
They talked a little and arrived at the parking lot where there were cars. The high school was much smaller than the one in California where Ben attended. Anna looked around while Ben parked the car. "Are you ready?" Ben asked looking at his sister who nodded and they got out of the car. There were a few students in the parking lot and their eyes were on the two new students who were walking side by side towards the main doors. Ben smiled at his sister and put a hand on her shoulders. Anna felt a strange feeling in her stomach but pushed it away. They walked through the doors and into an office where a nice middle-aged woman greeted them with a smile. "You're the new students? Annabelle and Benjamin Bright?" The woman asked with a smile and looked at her folder. "Yes, Anna and Ben Bright." Ben answered the woman who nodded and dug them their schedules. "There, Anna is first in history and Ben is in biology. Can you find the classes?" The woman asked looking under her glasses. The siblings nodded and the woman wished them a nice school day. Fortunately for them, Anna and Ben's school lockers were close to each other. They looked at the lockers and then reading schedules. "Can you find your history class?" Ben asked his sister looking at her schedules. Anna nodded to her brother. "I will. Happy first day of school." Anna wished her brother, who kissed her on the head and waved as he left to find his biology class.

Anna looked at the schedule in her hand and started walking towards the school hallways where there were students. A few people stared at her as she walked past them but she didn't care. She read the numbers on the doors and looked at the paper in her hand. "Sorry, said the boy who had just nudged her on the shoulder while trying to walk past her." Anna looked at the boy who was staring at her. He had light skin but not quite pale and light brown hair that was neat. Anna looked up at him into his honey colored eyes. "No worry. I didnt look where I was going to." Anna said with a small smile. The boy looked at her with a smile. "Are you new here?" He asked. Anna nodded and looked at the clock. "I have to go, class is starting and I'm looking for my history class." She said taking a step forward. The boy looked at her and then glanced at her schedule. "I can show you class, that's along the way." The boy nodded in the direction he was originally walking before he bumped into the girl. Anna nodded and started walking next to the boy towards the history class. "I'm Mike by the way." The boy said holding out his hand. "Anna." She said with a smile and took the boy's hand. "Here's your class." Mike said looking at Anna. "Thank you." Anna nodded and entered the class, the teacher stood by the desk and turned to look. "You must be Annabelle." The teacher said looking at Anna who approached her. "Yes, Anna." She answered and handed out a note that the teacher signed. "Take a seat." She nodded towards the class and Anna looked at the empty seat in the back row behind the two boys. Anna walked over and took off her raincoat, placing it on the back of the chair.

The teacher started talking and telling what they have learned today in the lessons. Anna leaned on her arm already bored. The classroom door opened and a long-haired boy ran in. "I'm sorry I'm late." He spoke. The teacher rolled her eyes at him and looked at her notes. "Take a seat Jacob." She spoke and this Jacob looked at the empty seat next to Anna. He walked over to her and put his things on the table and sat down. "You new here? I haven't seen you before?" Jacob asked looking at Anna. She turned to look at Jacob and smiled. "I am, I just moved back." Anna answered and looked at Jacob more closely. "Wow, have you lived here before?" Jacob asked curiously and Anna nodded. "Are you Jacob Black?" Anna asked turning all the way to Jacob who raised his head and looked at Anna as well. "Yes I am." Jacob said looking at Anna who nodded at him. "I'm Anna Bright." She spoke and Jacob stared for a moment before realizing. "Are you? Wow it's been a while. We always played when we were little." Jacob said with a smile on his face remembering the girl by his side. Anna smiled back. "Remember Bella? Bella Swan?" Jacob asked. "I remember the name but I don't anything else." Anna said looking at Jacob. "She goes to high school in Forks, she also moved away and moved back a year ago." Jacob said. Anna nodded to him and at the same time wrote notes that the teacher wrote on the board.