Beach Party

Anna didn't see Jacob all day because they didn't have the same classes, she walked to the car to wait for Ben who always came after her

Anna didn't see Jacob all day because they didn't have the same classes, she walked to the car to wait for Ben who always came after her. Anna had headphones in her ears as she stood next to the car and looked at the dark clouds above her. She felt a tap on her shoulder and Jacob was standing behind her smiling. "Oh hey Jacob." Anna greeted and Jacob smiled. "Hey Anna, how have you been?" Jacob asked looking at his childhood friend. "Well we got the bikes working with Ben and tested them." Anna said with a smile and Jacob's smile got bigger. "I also have a bike that I'm putting on right now, I'll get it fixed, shall we go for a ride?" Jacob asked. Anna nodded and watched as Mike walked past them and waved at her. "Are you going to walk home in this weather?" Anna asked Mike loudly, who smiled. "Yeah, I don't live far away and this weather is the best running weather." He said with a smile and glared Jacob who narrowed his eyes at him. "Is he really going to run in this weather." Anna said with a loud giggle and looked at Mike's disappearing figure. Jacob sighed and turned to look at his friend and Anna raised an eyebrow. "He always walks to school." Jacob said mumbling but Anna heard him. Ben arrived and Jacob left.

Friday arrived and the sun shone a little through the clouds. Anna woke up and did her morning chores and ate breakfast with her brothers. They arrived at school. Anna took her books and Ben leaned on the tray next to her. "What are you going to wear?" Ben asked looking at the students in the hallway. Anna took the books and closed the compartment door. "I haven't thought about it yet, it must be cold in the evening." Anna sighed and Ben nodded. "Where's your friend Billy?" Ben asked looking at his sister. Anna stopped and raised an eyebrow. "Mike." She said and Ben smiled innocently. "My fault, Mike." He said and Anna rolled her eyes. "I don't know he hasn't been seen." Anna said looking around. "He usually shows up somewhere around this time." She said thinking and Ben nodded at her. Anna didn't see Mike all day and she realized that she hasn't even asked for his phone number. She ate with Ben and sat in classes by herself or with Jacob when they had the same classes. Anna looked at Mike's empty chair next to her and wondered where her new friend might be.

The evening came and Anna stood in front of the mirror, curling her hair and humming aloud the song that was playing from the radio that was on her desk. Rocky lay on her bed and looked at the human in front of him. Anna put on her coat and boots. "See you soon dear boy." Anna murmured to Rocky and kissed his muzzle. She left the room door open and went downstairs where Ben was sitting in a chair watching TV. "Finally." His brother sighed and turned his eyes to his sister who crossed her arms and glared at him. "You look beautiful honey." Their grandma said and smiled. "Thank you grandma." Anna said with a sweet smile. Ben got up and put his coat on. "Be careful out there then." Their grandpa said, looking at both of them with a serious expression. "Yes." They both said at the same time and left the house. Anna took a flashlight from her bag and they walked down the path they found leading to the beach. They were halfway there until Anna stopped. "What now?" Ben asked walking up to her side. Anna directly put a flashlight on the side where there was a dark forest. "Did you hear that?" She asked looking at her brother. Ben looked around and listened. "I think it's coming from the beach." He said putting a hand on his sister's shoulder. "Yeah you're right." Anna grumbled and they continued on their way. "Still thinking about that figure in the backyard?" Ben asked, following his sister. Anna remembered the evening when she saw the figure in the tree line and answered. "No, I just thought I heard something."