Storm

Anna leaned on her arm and yawned

Anna leaned on her arm and yawned. She was sitting on the couch with her grandfather watching an old movie. "I guess it's time to go to bed." Grandpa said without looking away from the TV. "Yeah I think so." Anna answered and stretched. Rocky raised his head and slowly stood up walking towards the stairs. "Night grandpa." Anna said and started walking upstairs. Walking past the shelves and photos that decorated the dim hallway, she stopped at her little brother's door. Arthur sat on a chair by the table and leaned against the table. Anna laughed out loud and cleared her throat loudly. Arthur lifted his head like a rocket and looked back, rubbing his eyes. "The dog ate my homework." He said, shaking his head. "What?" Anna laughed and looked at her brother. "What?" Arthur said, turning fully to look at his sister. Anna shaked her head and laughed. "Go to sleep Arthur." She said and started walking to her room. Rocky was already lying on the bed and Anna walked to her wardrobe and changed into her pajamas. She brushed her hair and looked out the window. A storm was coming, dark rain clouds were approaching La Push. The trees swayed eerily in the dark, they looked like big figures. Anna's eyes stopped at the tree line. Cold shivers ran through her body, she stared but couldn't take her eyes off. A dark figure stood by the tree and as if it was looking directly into her window. Anna quickly drew the curtains in front of the window and took a deep breath. "It's just imagination playing tricks in the dark." Rocky raised his head and Anna looked at the dog lying on her bed. "Am I wrong?" Anna muttered aloud and the dog stared at her.

Anna woke up several times during the night, the water hit the ceiling and the wind howled. She got up when the alarm rang and put on her clothes and took her backpack. "I thought we would have gone to school on bikes, but there is a storm." Ben said standing in the bathroom door while Anna brushed her teeth. She spat and looked at her brother. "Oh you look like you haven't slept." Ben chuckled and started walking away. Anna looked at herself in the mirror and started putting on makeup so she wouldn't look so tired. She took her backpack from the hallway and started walking downstairs. The others had left except her and Ben. She grabbed a banana and started walking to the car. "I'll drive." Anna said and Ben walked to the car. He put Anna's lunch in her backpack. Anna turned the car around and started driving to the yard, she was eating a banana at the same time and Ben was looking at her. "What kept you up at night?" Ben asked looking at his sister who frowned. "Just this storm and... I saw a figure in the tree line last night." Anna said carefully and looked at her brother. Ben raised an eyebrow. "What figure?" He asked thoughtfully, leaning on his arm. "I don't know it looked human but it was dark." Anna answered and looked at the road in front of her. The trees swayed in the strong wind and the rain poured down. "Maybe it was some small tree that you thought was a figure." Ben said comforting his sister but looked out the window thinking. "Yeah maybe, but it looked so human like." Anna said and turned up the music.

They arrived at school and got out of the car, Anna put the hood of her raincoat on her head and took her brother's hand. It was raining and there were puddles everywhere. They ran and jumped over the puddles and strode toward the steps by the door. Anna firmly held her hood with one hand and laughed. Ben opened the door and they both laughed and lowered their hoods. "Better get used to this weather." Ben said nudging his sister who rolled her eyes at him. "See you at lunch." Anna said and they waved and walked in different directions. "Yeah, you won't see the sun here, California." Mike said and walked over to Anna's side. "Hey Mike." Anna greeted and they walked to class. Anna saw Quil and Embry sitting next to each other and Quil gave her a big smile. Anna nodded with a small smile and Embry looked up and stared at them. "Tell me about California." Mike said taking off his jacket and placing it on the back with his backpack. "What do you want to know?" Anna asked and put her book on the table. "Anything to cheer up this weather." Mike said with a grin and Anna giggled. "My uncle is rich, we lived in a beach house in Malibu." Anna started, tucking her hair behind her ear. "At the beach house? Wow your uncle must be really rich." Mike grumbled and Anna smiled at him. "There is a wonderful view of the beach and wonderful sunsets. Our uncle sometimes went on a trip with Arthur, and Ben and I were left alone." She told and Mike laughed. "I know where this is going." He said putting his head back. Anna smirked and leaned on her hand. "We invited friends over and had small parties." Mike rolled his eyes. "I knew it." He nudged his friend next to him and Anna rolled her eyes. "Did you have a boyfriend then?" Mike asked and Anna looked at her hands. She nodded. "He was one of Ben's friends." Anna said quietly and looked up. "And he didn't know that." Mike said with a small chuckle. Embry and Quil on the other side of the class stared at them. Embry's eyes were glued to Anna and he was sometimes staring at the pale skinned boy next to her. Quil's eyes were on the boy again and he narrowed his eyes. Anna talked to Mike about everything and told about California and her ex-boyfriend. Mike listened excitedly because Anna's life in Malibu sounded like a movie. Mike sometimes glared past Anna the boys whose eyes were on them the whole time. Anna noticed this and turned her head and looked straight into Embry's eyes. He realized the situation and suddenly turned his gaze forward. "Why are they staring at us?" Anna asked looking at her new friend next to her. Mike's eyes were glued to the boys who were both looking ahead. He turned his eyes to Anna's brown eyes where there was a bit of green. "Is it because of what happened in the school hallway sometime?" Anna asked carefully, looking into Mike's honey colored eyes. "I guess they don't like me because I'm pale face and there aren't many pale faces people around here except in Forks." Mike said looking at the table. "Oh." Anna said looking at the boys and Embry cautiously tried to glance at them. "Are you going to that beach party on Friday.?" Mike asked, changing the subject. "Yes I'll go with Ben." Anna said with a smile and the bell rang and they packed the books into their backpacks.

They walked down the hall and Anna felt more eyes on them. Two boys, one was bigger and more muscular and the other was also muscular but a little smaller. Both had short hair and tattoos on their shoulders. Their eyes followed them as they walked past them towards the dressing rooms. They had exercise next and the rain had stopped so they were outside. Anna changed her workout clothes and walked over to the others. Her eyes scanned each student, she noticed Quil and Embry standing further away alone. A couple of others who have been in the same classes with her. "Okay name call." The teacher shouted after blowing the whistle that hung around his neck. Anna's name came almost first and the teacher shouted "Annabelle Bright! Who the hell is Annabelle?" He muttered the end to himself and Anna laughed. "It's me." She said raising her hand and stepped closer to the teacher who was staring at her. "Are you new?" He asked looking at the girl and Anna nodded. "Yes sir." Anna said. "Okay, most of these classes, there are boys, but don't let that bother you, what can you play?" The teacher asked crossing his arms over his chest. Anna raised an eyebrow. "From ice hockey to football. I grew up with two brothers." Anna grinned and the teacher looked at her in surprise. Anna may seem like a basic girl, but she's not. The teacher continued to call out the name and then he yelled "Harper!" "Where the hell is that boy." He muttered and Anna felt someone run up to her side. "Here." Mike said aloud and smiled at Anna. "You're late again." The teacher stared at Mike with displeasure. "I know, it won't happen again." Mike said and the teacher muttered in a low voice. "That's what you said last time." Mike gave a small smile and looked ahead. "You see, I'm already the teachers' favorite." Mike said grinning at Anna who rolled her eyes. They went for a run as a warm-up, Anna took a slow pace at first and picked it up. Mike was always by her side and Anna picked up the pace more. Mike stayed behind, but it wasn't long before he was by Anna's side again. Mike grinned at Anna and picked up his pace and Anna picked up her pace as well. They competed with each other and kept speeding up, the others looked at them in surprise. After that they played football. The teacher was surprised how well Anna did among the boys.