Welcome To The Jungle

"So did you hear about the beach party on Friday?" Ben asked pointing his fork at his sister who was eating a hamburger

"So did you hear about the beach party on Friday?" Ben asked pointing his fork at his sister who was eating a hamburger. Anna swallowed her food and looked up at her brother. "Yeah, Mike said but he's not going himself and Jacob asked me to go there with him and his friends." Anna said and wiped her hands on a napkin. Ben put the french fries in his mouth and glared at his sister. "Who was Mike?" Ben asked thoughtfully. "The guy you sneak behind and scared away." Anna replied glancing at her smiling brother. "Let's go together." He spoke and placed the fork and knife on his empty plate. Anna raised an eyebrow at her brother. "Why? You don't want me to go with Jacob." Anna said with a laugh but looked serious. A small grin appeared on Ben's face and he looked innocent. "You see him there though so how is it?" Ben asked and Anna rolled her eyes. "Fine." Ben smiled big and they stood up.

The siblings arrived home later. Anna walked through the door first and noticed that the house was empty. "Um where are they?" Anna looked around and Ben walked past her into the kitchen. "Probably picking up Arthur." Ben shrugged. Anna sat on the couch and Ben crossed his arms over his chest. She let out a loud sigh and lifted her head back up. "What now?" Ben leaned against the door and thought for a moment."I thought if we fixed the bikes we could ride. Go crazy like in California." Ben said and nodded to Anna who got up from the couch. "Now that sounds good." Anna said and walked to her room to change her clothes. She threw on leggings and a hoodie and walked out towards the Garage where her brother was already. "I think we need parts, this is pretty bad." Ben said and Anna walked up to him. "The other bike is almost in good condition, I think grandpa has been keeping it in good condition." Anna said and Ben chuckled. "Grandpa riding a bike in the middle of the forest." Ben chuckled at the thought. "Come on we know how crazy he is." Anna said with a chuckle and removed parts from the bike. "I'll call him and ask where the nearest parts store is." Ben said and walked inside to get his phone. Anna removed the filter and spark plug and moved on to look at the brakes and removed the old parts. Ben arrived with the address note and looked at the old parts that his sister had already removed. He wrote on a piece of paper and they started walking to the car. "I want to drive." Anna said and Ben looked at her with a nod.

They drove for a while and arrived at a small shop decorated with car tires outside. "Yeah this is it." Ben said looking out the window and Anna parked the car. They got out and walked in, the bell on the door rang and a middle-aged man turned around in his chair and looked at them. "How can I help you?" He spoke and Ben walked up to the counter. Anna looked around and went to the car tuning department. She looked at car air freshener and carpets. "Hey what are you doing here?" Anna turned her eyes and Jacob was standing with his two friends next to her. "Hey, Ben and I came to buy some parts for the bike." She said and pointed in the direction of her brother who was leaning on the counter. "Nice, we came to get some parts for my car too... Anna here is Quil." Jacob started and Quil interrupted him by pushing him out of the way. "Quil Ateara." He said and held out his hand which Anna took with a smile. Quil kissed her palm and Anna giggled. "Anna Bright." She replied and Jacob rolled his eyes at his friend and slapped him on the back. "Here's Embry." He continued and Anna looked at the boy in front of her. He had long hair like Jacob and brown eyes. He looked at Anna with a small smile. Jacob turned to look at his friend who was just staring at the girl in front of him. Embry shook the thoughts out of his head. "Hey... Hello." He said quickly and scratched his head. "Wait a minute Anna Bright? You lived here as a child we played together." Quil said looking at Jacob and then at the brown haired girl in front of him. "Why didn't you say anything Jacob that she is the same person." Quil asked his friend? "I thought you knew." Jacob said leaning on the shelf. "You're wrong, I didn't know that the girl Embry married when he was five is back." Quil said with a laugh and Jacob laughed as well. Embry silently looked down and Anna laughed too. "Ooh I remember that one time we were at the beach and you made a sandcastle and had a pretend wedding for me and Embry." Anna said with a laugh and Embry looked up with a shy smile. "Quite a love story, Embry had a crush on you." Jacob said and Quil nudged Embry who blushed and looked down. Anna smiled to herself and looked at the trio in wonder. "Oh about a Friday, by the way." Anna started by changing the subject. Jacob turned to look at her. "I'll come with Ben there... but we'll see you there?" Anna asked looking at Jacob who straightened his position. "Yeah see you there then." Jacob said with a smile and looked at his friends. "Anna." Ben's voice was heard and Anna took the car mats she was looking at. "I have to go, but I'll see you tomorrow." Anna said with a smile and walked to the counter. At Embry, she looked at him and gave a small smile to which the teenage boy returned.

"Looks like that Jacob is everywhere." Ben said walking to the car with Anna following him. "He came to buy spare parts for his car." Anna said and opened the door while putting the new carpets in the car. She walked to the other side and put down the carpet, sitting while starting the car. "Who were the two with him?" Ben asked, putting on his seat belt at the same time. "Embry Call and Quil Ateara, I didn't recognize them at school." Anna answered and they watched as the trio walked out and looked in their direction. "I might just remember them." Ben said looking at the trio and Anna backed off and drove off.

Anna drove the car into the yard and they went straight to the garage. Ben put the parts in and Anna watched from the side. "Ready shall we try the bikes?" Ben asked and Anna got up and took the other bike and pushed it out. "This is awesome!" Anna shouted excitedly and drove down the dirt road and looked back at her brother who was driving behind her. "I know! Shall we go to the beach road?" Ben shouted from behind and Anna gave a thumbs up. They drove one after the other to the beach road and stopped to look at the beach. "Do you miss California?" Ben asked looking at his sister who had her eyes closed and was letting the wind hit her face. Anna opened her eyes and looked at the big waves hitting the nearby rock. "Yeah everything was different in California, it was sunny, warm and everything. I miss Malibu and the Hollywood hills." She answered and Ben looked at her with a small smile. "I know, I know. But now everything is different, this is a new beginning for us." He answered and looked ahead.