Chapter 70

Never in million ways, I think, I would have imagined myself at this position

Never in million ways, I think, I would have imagined myself at this position. I think the word astonish is even small to describe what I'm right now. "You......." I said in very low whisper that I doubt they heard it. But he nodded his head in agreement. I looked at nonna pia for confirmation and she also responded the same way he did.
"How......" I asked a bit louder this time.
"Let's go back a little bit to the time when I told you that I found out it was her sister Carmella who was behind it. I'm sure you remember few pictures of her and her step brother and the video of the day that when that disaster happened?"
"Yes......."
"Well, it was one of the maid at Barone's house who was Carmella's spy and updated her about all the situation. I was able to hack into Carmella's phone because I knew she didn't had a good relationship with her since she was a child. There were few other people on my list too but Carmella was in first few that I knew would not even blink to hurt her. When I had to come back here because of the situation of war I left my trusted person with her. He gave me updates on her from time to time. A month or so before she gave you birth I was ready to leave this place but she called me saying that I have stop my man from following her, she said that she's fine and I should stop worrying about her. But how could I haven't, she was carrying you and was not in best state whenever I saw the pictures. Every time I looked at them it breaks my heart. By the time I reached there it was so late and your mother somehow managed to talk to one nurse to trick us saying she was stillborn."

"Wait..... hold on..... how's that possible and why would she do that?"...... I asked him astoundingly in a very low voice.
"I can only think of only one reason, to protect you. She knew that the life she left behind was not at all safe for you that's why she did that, I think. And coming back to your other question, cara, your mother was one of the few smartest women I knew till now. She knew that your life will be always in danger if our enemies knew that we have a mafia princess."
"I don't understand, you said that you were informed that I was stillborn so how did you find me?" I mumbled Antonio confusingly.
"As I told you that your mother was very smart, plus when I was informed about it, I was devastated. I couldn't understand what was happening because at that time a lot was going on in our life. My suspicion started when I asked the hospital staff to give me your body so that I could bury it with your mother and guess what, they didn't had any. I was confused in the beginning, but then, somehow I got this feeling that told me that I need to look into this matter. So, I started with the pictures that my man sent me. When I looked into it, I was confused because the picture that my man sent me; it didn't look like that you were still born. So, that's when I decided to begin my research. After that, I found out that the nurse who told us that you were still born, didn't work anymore. When I checked into their hospital system, I found it very coincidence that she stopped working the same day you were born. So, now I was sure that we both lied about your matter and that's when I started looking for you. It took me a lot of time, because your mother had your tracks covered so well that at one point, I started believing that you might be dead. It took me almost 7 years to find you because no one knew where you went after you were born. You were still a child and the picture that I had was when you were just born so I didn't even knew how you looked like."