2.5

LILLITH

"We are le-leaving?"

Lilly's brows crunched down over her eyes as she stared at the twins. Orian looked more disgruntled than usual, his green eyes darkened and hard set to his jaw.

Lennox wasn't much better in the frown he was giving everything around him. "Father said it was better to move things along rather than prolong the engagement. He said it would be better for everybody if we did our press tour if it were. Show you around the Third Circle. Shake hands. Kiss demon babies and bam, have a big lavish wedding." 

While Lillith was slowly learning what the lingo was the pair talked in, she had no idea what a press tour was. Why would she be kissing other people's babies? Wasn't that unsanitary?

"It's just for a short time, Starlight." Orian was breaking it to her in that gentle tone he used when trying to coax things from her. "To let you see more of the place. Get a hang on the kinds of things we'd be expected to attend and the realm you'll be living in, y'know?"

Lillith couldn't help the disappointment that curled through her however,  settling like a stone in the pit of her stomach. She didn't want to leave. Not when the training grounds had become a shelter for her.

The fairy had been learning all the nooks and crannies, exploring with more freedom than she had ever thought to have and now they were leaving?

While her curiosity would undoubtedly bubble to life, the interest just wasn't there right now.

The twins shared a look between one another, a quick flicker of something passing between the large males. Little thorns twisted in the wood around her bedroom, suspicion blooming to life.

Were they up to something? Had they done something wrong? Where they going to get rid of her now after everything? Too much of a hassle to have the likes of her around?

The thorns sharpened further, a finest crackling noise here and there as they dug into furniture.

Fritz was going to have something to say about that as well. Lilly hoped the little butler would be coming with them as well.

Dropping his thickly muscled arms to his sides, Lennox came over to drop himself down on the bed beside her, bouncing the mattress as he went. "Look, little flower, it's nothing bad. Nothing is wrong. Duty calls, that's it. I don't particularly want to leave her either, but Father says we go– so we go. But there's going to be plenty for you to discover there. All types of shit you've never seen here. We can even take you on fun dates too, right Orian?"

"Yeah. See what kind of stuff you're into that isn't training. You might even make friends in the city."

Friends?

Was it pathetic of her to perk up at that idea? Growing up, friends had been a privilege she had never had. Nobody outside her sisters to discuss things with, nobody to give her new perspectives on the world. Nobody that could have helped them when they most needed it.

"Okay. When do whe-we leave? And Mm-Mirabell?"

She couldn't leave her sister back here alone after all that happened. They could still train right? She could get better.

"We'll go as soon as your comfortable to leave. Tonight. Tomorrow. Travelling down will be less than a moment's work. Remember the first time you came here? Realm jumping? A less severe version of that. We just get our things and go."

Lillith nodded. She still didn't have many things really. Some clothes the Queen had brought her, some books she had pressed leaves of the trees into. She could be packed within an hour and ready to leave once again.

"Wh-who is going t-t-to pro.." The fairy took a breath as she focused too much on the word. "Protect. The pl-place?"

Looking over at Orian, Lillith could feel Lennox playing with the end of the braid her hair was twisted within. Little prickles of awareness rushed over her.

"Don't worry about that, fairy. Our concern is you and getting the things you want, alright? We'll go tomorrow night. For now, Mother wants us all down for the evening meal."