Chapter 1

Aboard the large ship sat a red-haired young man holding a baby with the same hair as his. Shanks looked seriously at the baby he found yesterday, thinking that this little human was too calm for a baby that hadn't reached three months old (Hongo's calculated age).

The tiny baby fell asleep after being bathed in warm water by Hongo because that man was the only one who could take care of babies among all of them. The red-haired baby never cried except when he had to have his diaper changed or was hungry.

Hongo was lucky that he kept the formula milk gift from a woman he saved from a pickpocket a few weeks ago. For whatever reason the woman had given the can of formula to him as a token of gratitude among many choices, but well, at least it was useful now.

"Hey Hongo, isn't this little guy too quiet? Is he okay?" It seemed like it wasn't just Shanks who was worried, Yassop also felt the same way as his captain.

"Take it easy, it seems like this kid is very quiet" Hongo casually answered his friend's concerns.

"Captain, are you going to give him a name? We keep calling him with weird names, Lucky even calls him red vermicelli" Lime Juice asked while poking the baby's cheek carefully, the baby remained asleep despite being disturbed by Lime Juice's finger.

"More importantly than that, what are we going to do with him Captain?" Benn asked the question that had been perched on the heads of all the Akagami Pirates since yesterday. Shanks didn't answer either of their questions, instead he turned his head towards Hongo.

"Hongo, can you do a DNA test?" His question shocked the entire ship, everyone was silent until Hongo answered his leader's question.

"I can, it'll just take a while, about a month I think" Hongo replied casually, seemingly not surprised by the determination in Shanks' eyes.

"I've already decided, if this baby is indeed my child then I will take responsibility and take care of it here" Shanks replied confidently.

"And if he's not?" Lucky dared to pounce on his captain's words as usual.

"He will stay here and I will consider him my own son" True, Shanks was a protective person, he had grown an undeniable affection when his eyes met the reddish brown eyes of the baby in his arms, he would not give up his son to anyone.

"Then we should give him a name" Lime Juice brought the topic back to names, it seemed the man was annoyed to hear Lucky call his captain's son a 'red vermicelli' just because the charming baby had red hair and pale skin.

"You're right, but I don't know what name to give him"

"Just think about it slowly, we still have plenty of time" Benn responded to his Captain's complaint.

"Captain! I see an island!" The ship's navigator, Building Snake shouted from above.

"Good, did you hear that boys? We'll stop for a moment to replenish supplies" Benn's shout dominated the ship, Shanks was grateful he had Benn as his right hand man, well this was good, he could buy all the supplies and necessities for his son.

"Does that mean a party?"

"Do whatever you want"

"Yeah!"

......................................................................

In the dark void the soul of Cale Henituse was seen pointing his middle finger at the owner of the domain of darkness, the God of Death.

"What the hell is all this, why am I here! Answer me asshole!" Cale snapped quite harshly, his patience exhausted by the earth.

"Cale my son-" An existence respected by many layers of beings was rendered helpless in front of the human he liked the most.