Chapter 9: Understanding

Neku made his way out of the Hotel, still shaken up by what Monokitty said. The Mastermind was..One of them? Who were this- Akira and Mayu? It felt as if the answers were right on the tip of his tounge, yet too far out to reach. Many questions lingered in his head, as he shook it off.

"Dammit, this whole thinking things pointless." Neku said to himself.

"Uhm..Is this a bad time, M-Mr Osaka?" Monodog was heard asking from behind, as Neku jumped in fright. "JESUS! Stop sneakin up on me like that!"

"YIPE! S-Sorry! I just- figured id let you know of a little something!" Monodog reassured.

"...A little something?" Neku raised an eyebrow as Monodog nodded. "Follow me to the Convenience store!"

As the pair made their way over, Monodog gestured Neku over to the counter where the registers remained to show what looked like a capsule machine.

"A..Capsule Machine? Sorry dog, but. I dont do Gacha mechanic bullshit." Neku shrugged and turned away, before Monodog called. "Wait! P-Please at least hear me out?"

"..Alright, I guess I got a bit to listen." Neku caved, as Monodog explained. "As you get my currency, you can use it here on this machine to redeem random prizes for your fellow islanders! Some are- repeats unfortunately, since. Lots of back stock!"

"...Prizes, eh? I- dont have any coins on me though." Neku admitted, as Monodog put out his paw. "Here! 10 Monodog credits! If you use Monokitty credits however? ...Ah- Id suggest we dont do that!"

"...Given that cats track record, Im not even gonna try askin. Already annoying as is, dealing with her. Why do you let her push you around so much though?" Neku asked directly, as Monodog tilted his head in confusion.

"Hmm?" Monodog asked. "What do you mean?"

"I mean what im asking. Why the hell do you let that little bitch push you around?" Neku asked again, as Monodog froze up. "uhm..Well..Its..not in my- programming to oppose her..Even if..One of you does murder? I..Wont be myself, and..I'll be forced to follow her orders. I- ..Is it possible for robots to feel this sentiment Neku?"

"...Well- Im- not sure?" Neku rubbed the back of his neck. "Listen, Im sorry for comin off harsh if I did. This Killing Game nonsense is getting to me."

"Thats why I'll do my best to work against Monokitty!" Monodog said determined. "However..standing up for myself is the hardest part..Maybe..You and- the others can teach me?"

"I mean- you cant teach an old dog new tricks they say. Though..Guess I can try sometime." Neku complied. "Anywho, lets test this little contraption out."

Turning the dial on the capsule machine, Neku had a good few amount of capsules pop out ranging from small to big. "Alright, lets see here.."

Opening the first one. A Taser. "..JESUS, whos putting Tasers in this damn thi- OH MY GOD." Neku was interuppted by the sudden shock from the taser. "..Someone please remove the potentially dangerous stuff please."

Opening the next one, a bag of coffee beans labeled Death Coffee. "..Hmm..Death Coffee. Known to be one of the most flavorful blends, yet super high in caffeine. Taking a wild guess on who would enjoy this."

Opening the third one, it was a nice little tiki necklace of sorts. "Maybe Kai would like this.."

Opening the fourth, a cute little lanyard with anime looking cats meowing or making cute faces. "Hmm..I think I remember Madison wearing a cute little Cat barret in her hair. Maybe she'll like this.

As for the last capsule..Neku opened it up, only to be met with something that both shocked. And confused him.

"...WHAT IN THE FUCK?!" Neku shouted confused. The capsule had contained what looked like an NSFW magazine with a 6'4 man on the front. He was dressed in a very suggestive outfit, doing a rather suggestive pose, which only made Monodog cover his eyes. "Oh Heavens, thats not ok in an environment like this! B-Bad enough we have the Adult Toys section!"