Chapter 14: I Cant Fix You

[A/N: Just a heads up everyone, Investigations and Trials will be going longer than usual! Reasons for this is, going forward I wanna write really good mysteries, and explore my characters and their morals more! Remember, this series is solely focused on these characters as people, and the stories they tell. The places they come from. That said, I hope yall are gettin excited for whats to come!]

*
*
*
*
*
*
*

'Shes dead..'

'Madisons...fucking dead.'

'....The game really is real.'

'Why am I so..Afraid.'

'Yet..Im convincing myself its better to numb myself entirely.'

'Block out reality with a simple lie..Pinch myself and wake up..'

'...But shes laying right there. Dead.'

'Dead. The only word that spraypainted itself into my brain, and left me completely paralyzed physically, yet screaming for my life as if someone had stabbed me in the chest. I felt weak. Beside myself for getting so easily emotional, but. How could I not?'

'...Someone who was just smiling at me not even a few hours ago or so, is now looking back at me with an empty stare. Void of life. Consciousness. Rational thought. Now filled with nothing but the embodiment of despair. I wanted to vomit..And yet-'

"Whats going on?!" Haru was heard from behind. "I heard a- ...GAHHHHHH!" She screamed in horror, with tears in her eyes. "W-What is- Madison?!"

ALARM. ALARM. ALARM.

A body has been discovered by Neku Osaka, Haru Sato, and one other individual amongst all of you! That said individual is the Blackened, and who you must find! Make your way now to the Golf Course for more details!

"I heard somethin about- OH!" Aaron stopped himself, staring in shock at Madisons corpse as he looked around the room. "...My god, this got incredibly awkward."

Soon enough, multiple people had rushed to the scene of the crime.

"EGADS!" Ichigo shouted in horror, adjusting his glasses and examining carefully. "Miss Grace?!"

"Why?! Why friend Madison dead?!" Kenshiro shouted through his tears.

"AHHHH! M-MADISON!" Ayumu cried out in horror, hiding herself behind Nick. "Big Bro..You didnt- do this did you?!"

"What?! Me?" Nick asked in shock. "No! Sis, im- just as confused and terrified as you!"

"Cant say I expected her to die first!" Roxy exclaimed. "...But man, she was kinda cool." She said in a somber tone.

"This is.." Dora muttered under her breath, trying hard to keep herself together. "Que descanse en paz, Madison. I swear, we will-"

"WHO COULDVE COMMITTED THIS ATROCITY?!" Roger shouted angrily.

"Roger, I believe screaming wont solve a-" Kai clarified.

"Whichever dirty sinner here committed this crime will answer to god in due time. Im sure of it." Dennis said rather blankly, surveying the area.

"Yknow, you could maybe not bring up that kinda stuff especially now?" Ryu asked politely. "Some of us dont-"

"Itd be better if he just shut up entirely and focus on the fact-" Toshiro said but was interrupted.

"..Nothings going to change the fact shes dead. Plain and simple." Milo said coldly. "Someone here is lying, and clearly killed her. Whoever that is, you heard the cat. We have to find out who-"