Chapter 11: Slipping over the Edge

[A/N: Just wanna start by lettin yall know! There is Gay/Trans Slurs used here, as well as a suicide attempt! Please keep caution, and ill leave a note of when its over!]

Years prior. Back onto that same bridge, on that same rainy night. A transitioning Neku stood on that bridge, staring down into the waters below. The deep abyss of water staring him back in the face, and the depths unbeknownst to him.

Neku was in tears, recovering from the hard slap across his face from his own mother. The vicious beatings from his father over a simple truth. "Mom..Dad..I dont feel- comfortable in my own body. Im- not your goddamn daughter, Adrianna. I want to be myself finally."

Those simple words leading to the most terrifying moments of his life. "You wanna be a goddamn man, Adrianna?! Then maybe you should learn the harsh reality of what it means to be one!" Nekus fathers words rang in the back of his head.

Slamming his own fists against the metal bars of the bridge, Neku slammed harder and harder. Hearing his knuckles cracking bit by bit. Blood beginning to leak from his hands, as tears fell from his face. The rain pouring down, thunder booming loudly above him as he felt his legs trembling beneath him.

The first time of his life..Neku felt so alone. Afraid, holding on desperately to the rails and trying to keep himself together. Shivering all the while from the rain. Looking back into the waters. Voices rang again.

'Do it, tranny!'

'Shemale!'

'Fuckin worthless.'

'DO IT!'

'Gonna cry, shehulk?'

As Neku began climbing over the rail, he held on for life yet..Felt an intense urge to just let go. To feel his fingers slip from those slippery rails, and fall into the cold abyss below. Closing his eyes, he let go.

Feeling his body become weightless, before all of a sudden. A hand had reached out for his and grabbed on. Pulling up, Neku barely had anytime to think as he heard a soft yet slightly deep voice.

"Hey. What was that you were doing? You a stuntman or something? Or..Somethin on your mind tonight?"

"Whats it matter?" Neku muttered under his breath, visibly shaking from the cold air and rain. The man sighed. "Listen, my names Tyson. Do you- need anything? Need me to call someone maybe?"

"I have nobody left. Parents kicked me to the fucking curb." Neku muttered angrily. "...I-"

"Nowhere to go, and..You figured this was your only option? You feel like a failure to all your peers and ultimately feel this is the only way of escape?" Tyson asked directly, as Neku froze in shock. "H-How do you-"

"I was here on this bridge tonight for the same reasons, my friend." Tyson said bluntly.

"...The- same reasons?" Neku asked with an empty tone. Tyson nodded. "Unfortunately, I uhh..Had an accident that caused me to lose a big tournament that wouldve granted me the title of Ultimate Track Star/Sprinter. Sadly however. I lost. My family shamed me, and instantly flocked to my brother for his accomplishments. Safe to say...I came out here thinking my life had no purpose too."

"...Then why save me?" Neku asked.

"Im not sure. Maybe fate itself wanted me to save you?" Tyson asked.

"Is that even real? Fate..Destiny, or- any of that spiritual shit?" Neku wondered.

"Who knows? One things for sure though, youre safe with me now." Tyson assured. "Cmon. Let me treat you to something nice, I can take you somewhere safe too."