Chapter 26

LEWIS

"You requested me?", she asks, strolling inside my room as she would own the place. That thought makes my mouth twitch.

"I did", I say, standing up and going at the front of my desk to lean on it.

Two can play this game.

"You missed six hours of work, Miss Grant", I say, looking at my watch. I even make that tsk-tsk sound to her, if only to see her annoyed. Her cheeks get pink when she's annoyed, and it looks so cute. They only get pink when she's smiling or when she's annoyed. And since I realized I could barely pull out a smile out of her for weeks, I decided to tease her for the first few weeks she's been here.

Now it's more than just a tease. She's a flame burning down all the principles I've been trying to build for myself for at least the past five years.

"That's cause I quit", she shouts. I feel bad. I hate seeing her angry. I am amused by seeing her a bit teased, slightly annoyed...but never angry. "And when you quit, you miss work", she decides to explain it to me.

"Is it because I kissed you yesterday?", I ask her, but not before checking with the corner of my eye if the door is closed. It is. Meaning it's just the two of us hearing this conversation.

Aria's face reddens. I get my answer. Although she denies it. "No", she lies. "It's because I can hardly find the reasons why I liked APOLLO in the first place."

Taking it out on the team. Way to make some emotional blackmail.

Maybe Little Miss Sunshine has gone a bit bad.

"I'll be sure to let them know", I come right back at her.

She stares at the ground now. "Maybe don't tell them. Or don't tell Levi."

That moment when your crush becomes besties with your best friend.

Unbelievable.

"No, Mr. Dyer is for sure the first person I'll tell", I continue.

She looks at me like she would like to strangle me with the pencil on my desk. Have her legs wrapped around my neck and I'll gladly let her do the job.

"You're an asshole", she hisses.

"You've called me that before", I say undisturbed.

"And you're impossible", she continues.

I just shrug. "No offense taken there."

"And I regret kissing you yesterday", she says.

That's the one I stop at.

Cause I know this is how it's going to be between us. She will regret it. She will regret ever wanting a man like me. As soon as she finds out the truth, she'll regret it.

"I believe you", I tell her honestly. "I believe you. I would also regret kissing someone like me." I look up from the ground and stare her in the eyes. "Your instincts tell you to run, don't they? Trust your instincts, sweetheart." But I have a feeling that no matter how far you'll run, I'll still be chasing you.

"Maybe I should run," she whispers, sounding more like she's contemplating something in her head. After some time, she smiles, an honest smile, as she adds: "Why do we always have to fall for the bad guys?"

Before I can realize what she's doing, Aria comes over to me and wraps her hands around my neck. She's pulling me closer as she crashes her lips on mine, giving me a kiss with the same passion I put in the kisses I gave her yesterday.

"So you're into bad guys, huh?", I decide to tease her, since my brain is malfunctioning having her touch my skin.

She's so close.

So close.

"I might be", she whispers, in such a dirty tone. A tone that goes straight to my length. I wonder how that tone sounds in bed.

"Then I am sorry to disappoint you, but you pull out the best in me", I tell her. It's true. I wouldn't do half the stunts I pulled for her for anyone else. Maybe just for my family. But for no one else.

And I would for sure not waltz in a deco shop to buy pink supplies.

Every man has some morals.

I might have overstepped mine for her.

"Then pull out the worst in me for the next few minutes and we'll be even", she says.

I gladly obey.