Chapter 48

ARIA

I'm clinging to the railing as I see Lewis get out of his car, followed by Levi. My boyfriend arrived first, taking P1. First place. I know I've been crying watching it, being so damn proud of him. Levi came in second, not even a second behind Lewis.

I know he knows it's him. Levi takes off his helmet placing it on the car and comes hug Lewis, who still has his helmet on. "I can't believe this", Levi lets out, tear rolling down his cheek. "I can't believe this. I can't believe this." Lewis pats him on the back, yet he still has his helmet on. I know the plan is for him to shake hands with the pit crew and then go inside the garage.

Both APOLLO guys walk over to where Duncan and the rest of the team are standing behind the railing, shaking hands. Duncan is over the moon happy. P1 and P2 for APOLLO. This season couldn't have ended any better.

I'm still holding myself to the railing, knowing my knees are weak as Lewis spots me. I smile at him, hoping to show him how proud I am of him through that smile. He stops shaking someone's hand and rushes over to me, leaning over the railing and hugging me. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him even closer. We put a few inches distance after that hug that meant more to me than anything, and I look at him, our faces so close. "I love you", I whisper. I know damn well the cameras are on us now, but I need him to know it. I need him to hear it.

He leans closer til our foreheads touch, well my forehead touches his helmet, and I keep whispering just how much I love him. He draws a heart on my hand, the fabric of his glove tickling my skin. At some point, he lets go of me for a bit and his hands go to his helmet, which he wants to open.

"Are you sure?", I whisper.

He nods. In one movement the helmet is gone and the crowd gasps around us, some beginning to scream his name. Cameras zoom in, people cheer...Lewis comes closer to me. "I love you, sweetheart", he whispers before he crashes his lips on mine. I go with my hands through his wet hair, making him chuckle, yet not interrupting our kiss. "I love you", he repeats between kisses. "I love you."

They say love is red but in my case it comes in black and blue.