† Can we just talk †

Days turned into weeks and Killian continued to sink in deep water, wrapped around Gina's finger

Days turned into weeks and Killian continued to sink in deep water, wrapped around Gina's finger. Even though he wanted to get out of it, his body was so dependent on the drugs that he couldn't function without them properly.

Killian didn't care about anything anymore, and it was only a matter of days before he would lose both his apartment and get kicked out of school, but even that didn't bother him.

It had gone so far that he ignored calls from his family, from Sarah Campbell, and sometimes even from his friends. Hazel began to become increasingly suspicious and opinionated about what he was doing until late at night, which had also begun to annoy him.

This late afternoon he was sitting alone in the car outside the dorm where Bree was staying and smoking a cigarette. He wasn't supposed to end up there, but he did and had probably already been there for two hours without a glimpse of her. Not that he expected her to be home this Friday night, she certainly spent the night with Jax in his bed, Killian thought and took a puff.

Something he concluded by sitting there was that love is what can destroy a human heart. Make the brain stop working, give up on life, and cause excruciating pain that never seems to end.

"Killian?"

Killian turned his gaze to the side window and caught sight of Jax standing there, looking at him with a surprised expression. He could see that Jax was uncomfortable with the situation, but yet he walked over to greet him.

"How are you doing?" Jax asks as his gaze wanders around inside the car. "Are you looking for Bree?"

"I'm fine... No, I just..."

He fell into silence and turned his gaze straight ahead as he wondered why he had driven here.

"She's not here, she went to Nevada this morning," Jax said, looking towards two girls coming in their direction.

"Nevada?" exclaimed Killian in surprise, turning his gaze back to Jax. "Did she say why she was going there?"

"She said something about she needed a break to clear her head. Sorry, I have to drive my sister and her friend to a party, but it was good to see you, Killian. If you change your mind regarding the band, you're always welcome to join us," Jax said and started walking towards the two girls waiting by his car.

"Hey Jax!" shouts Killian, and Jax turns around. "You don't have a few hundred to lend me?"

 "You don't have a few hundred to lend me?"