† Symbol of love †

"Stop! Just stop! You've been going on about this for a whole week and I've told you the same thing every time! I — don't – care what she said!" Killian roars angrily, slamming his fist into the bathroom door as he glares at Bree

"That's the problem with you! You don't care when maybe you should. If it's my fault you're having anxiety, maybe I should pack up my things and move back to the dorm," Bree growls and starts gathering her clothes that were hanging on the chair by the kitchen table.

"Go ahead, you never listen to what I say anyway," he growls back and begins to undress.

"That makes two of us! You heard what Adler said, we have to work on our problems and your problem is me and my problem is that I don't trust you like before."

Killian tried to ignore what she said and jumped into the shower as this conversation sounded exactly like it had all week. Bree had taken Dr. Adler's words way too seriously, while Killian took it with a grain of salt. Just because Adler was right about some things, didn't mean she was right about Bree or their relationship.

He rubs his face in frustration under the shower jet and up through his hair before starting to wash off his chest in harsh motions. He could hear Bree rummaging around in the bathroom cabinet for her things, but honestly, he couldn't bring himself to put too much emphasis on it right now. These arguments had started to make him doubt that this relationship would ever work, and he thought Bree had started to doubt as well. At least in the heat of the moment, he felt that way.

He wrapped the towel around his waist and was about to head towards the bedroom to get dressed when he saw Bree standing in the hallway, shoes on and her suitcase in her hands.

"I don't want to go to the dorm," she says in a broken voice as tears roll down her cheeks.

Killian walks up to her and sets the suitcase aside before wrapping his arms around her. She had never before gone so far as to stand in the hallway with shoes on and suitcase ready to leave the apartment, only threatening to do so and picking a few insignificant things in a plastic bag that they put back together after the argument was over.

"Silly girl, you don't need to go back to the dorm," he said followed by a brief chuckle and hugged her tightly.

"This is killing me, Killian. This waiting for the DNA to be done and everything Dr. Adler told us," Bree said, resting her cheek against his chest.

"You need to stop listening to others and trust me, my words, and stop arguing with me all the time. I know it's hard for you but let me comfort you and be there for you instead of you arguing and threatening me with moving back to the dorm," he explained, feeling her nod and her grip on him tighten.

"But I didn't mean it. I just say things when I'm angry."

"No, I know, and you say it because you know it hurts me. You know deep down I don't want you to move, and you want me to feel your pain. That's why you say it, but I already feel your pain, Bree. Every day just by looking at you," he said in a deep voice, cupping her face with his hands to look into her tear-filled eyes. "No one can separate us unless you let them. I love you and there's nothing I wouldn't do for you, but this has to end. This bickering and nagging."