ch 1

Quantico, Virginia 9AM

The BAU team of the FBI had just finished debriefing for their new case, well all except their resident genius, Dr. Spencer Reid, who was still yet to show this morning. The rest of the team had began to worry, it was unlike the young doctor to be so late without contacting one of them, but, luckily seeing as the case would be local Derek Morgan and Emily Prentiss would be able to check on him on their way to the crime scene.

Arriving in front of Spencer's door, Derek took the liberty of knocking and loudly calling for his friend until the door was finally opened. The first thing the two noticed was the bright blue boxers coved in an equally as bright pink flamingo pattern. The second was the rather muscular half naked man wearing them, who was, most definitely, not their young Dr. Reid. The third was the frankly annoyed and rather tired glear he was sending their way.

Derek was quick to react, drawing his weapon and demanding the man's identity.

Emily, while still looking curious, looked rather fed up with the agent beside her and rolled her eyes at his willingness to point a gun at a random civillian.

"Woah, hold on there cowboy. No need for that." Was the amused and rather calm responce they got in return. "Derek and Emily I presume." He continued pointing at them as he said their names.

This only put the two more on edge, so he walked from the door towards the kitchen and jestured for them to follow. They did, reluctantly of course, Derek still with his gun drawn though no longer aimed at the still half naked man walking around their friends apartment like he lived there.

"Coffee? Spence is still in the shower but should be out soon, so I can make it to go if you'd like." He smiled at them putting a pot on anyway as he knew Spencer would want some when he was done.

"Yeah, sure, just as soon as you tell us who you are." Came Derek's rather frustrated responce.

Before the man could answer however, the three turned at the sound of a door opening, out steped a confused and somewhat embarrassed Spencer Reid.

"..."

"So coffee?" The man broke the silence after a few agonizing minutes. This however did nothing to dispel the tension and in fact ended with the confused and angry outburst of Derek, the surprised but understanding pointing between the man and Spencer from Emily, and the stuted unintelligible explanation from Spencer.

This caused the room to become unbearably loud and lasted for at least thirty minutes. During this time Aaron Hotchner and Jennifer Jearau had become even more worried for Spencer and were now concerned for the other two agents so much so they decided to see what was going on.

The still to be named man had finished his coffee and poured a second when he faintly heard knocking over the commotion behind him. Realising noone else had noticed he looked through the peep hole, opening the door and jesturing to the mess as soon as he realised it was two of the remaining field members of Spencer's team.

"Feel free to get them to shut up." He told the new comers, mostly aiming it at Hotch but knowing JJ could be just as effective, very exasperated with how his morning was going.

Hotch, noticing the man's discomfort with their surroundings decided to use the quickest method he knew for quitening his team. He whistled.

The man had to admit that watching the three flinch and turn their heads like meerkats was humourous but did little to ease his growing headache.

"Would someone please tell me what is going on here?"

Words count: 621