ch 4

"So, Damocles, what exactly do you do?

______________________

"Just Dami is fine." He smiled. "As for what I do, it's a rather long list. My main job though, I own a small 1930's esque club." That caught Derek's attention.

"A club?"

"Mhm. It's almost like a speak-easy in style really, and there's almost always live music there." Spencer answered for his boyfriend with such enthusiasm it surprised his colleagues.

Spencer rarely liked there team outings if it involved clubs or bars. The setting seemed to make him uncomfortable, that and the stickyness on the floors and tables, and occasionally the seats.

"We'll have to visit sometime, what's it called?" Hotch asked, liking the idea of a place for the team to go that wasn't full of underage teens.

"It's called 'The Full Glass'. It's a play on the pessimism and optimism question on whether the glass is half full or half empty, except it's a full glass showing a optimistic view but it could be argued that as it's full of alcohol that it's a pessimistic view." Spencer rambled, enjoying the word play as well as it's philosophical roots.

The team was somewhat silent after that, not knowing how to react to the somewhat dark origin of the name.

"You said you had multiple jobs?" Emily thankfully asked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, I own a couple sound studios I rent out to up and coming artists for fairly cheap and I invest in fashion students work and give them start up money for projects or to start their own companies."
He answered quickly before the room could go quite again.

"That's quite impressive, where do you get the money from, if you don't mind my asking." Rossi asked trying to be as polite as possible, he liked this kid and he didn't want to ruin anything for Reid.

JJ and Emily still sent him a look, silently telling him off for being rude but he just shrugged at them mouthing a 'what?' before turning back to the man he'd asked.

"Oh, it's just from another of my side jobs." He said waving them off. "Nothing that interesting."

The entire table stopped.

It seemed to take him a minute to realize what he said.

"Wait. No, that sounded really sketchy didn't it?"

They all nodded.

"It's nothing bad, I just don't like talking about it because people make a fuss when they find out." He explained.

"That didn't make it sound any better, kid." Was Rossi's reply.

"You actually already know his other job." Reid told Rossi, only succeeding in confusing the matter even further. " He paints. You have one of his pieces in the entrance hall." He continued pointing in the direction of the front door.

"He does?"
"I do?"

Dami and Rossi asked over one another.

Derek, curious, got up to view the piece, the food having been finished a few minutes before. The others soon followed hearing a low whistle come from where Derek was stood, looking at the 2mx2m canvas on Rossi's wall.

"This is yours?!" Rossi asked seeming very impressed with the young man currently trying to hide behind his boyfriend.

The painting was an oil paint depiction of Icarus as he fell. It was highly detailed and could pass for a piece taken straight out of the Louvre.

The team immediately started complimenting the piece and the artist.

That is untill Rossi rather bluntly told them to be quiet, noticing the young painter was becoming uncomfortable.

"Can we move on from the painting now please?"

Word count: 592