ch 5

"Can we move on from the painting now please?"

_________________________

Realising how uncomfortable he was they stopped and Rossi suggested they move to his living room for a drink.

There baklava was eaten and alcohol drank. One drink turned to many, which was fine, for all except the young Spencer Reid, who rarely drunk and never gained the same tolerance that the rest had.

Currently the doctor lay on Dami's legs with his head on his stomach, hugging the man's waist and taking up an entire sofa between them.

"I have never seen him this relaxed with physical contact." Derek stated. He'd stopped drinking now and was sat staring at his friend somewhat perplexed.

"What did you expect? They're dating." Emily replied, slightly laughing at Derek's confused face.

"Yeah but, it took him ages to even let us hug him let alone be comfortable with it." JJ commented.

"Yeah, I mean they can't have known each other for that long, right?" Penelope said, looks being shared between the four.

Derek turned to the two hastily. "Hey Dami, how long have you two known each other?" He asked, wondering how long his friend had been hiding the man from them.

"I don't know, like two and a half years maybe."

"And how long have you been dating?"

"I'd say we unofficially started dating about a year and a half ago. We only made it official when you guys showed up at his place though." Dami answered calmly, not realising the damage he had done.
__________________________

In the kitchen, Dave and Hotch were startled from making the team, plus Dami, coffee by the sudden sound of shouting, which ended almost as soon as it started.

The two made their way to the living room before stopping in their tracks.

The three F.B.I agents and one tech analyst who had stared in the face of killers and never flinched, were silenced by a single look from a man trying not to wake his boyfriend.

Once Dami was sure Spencer wouldn't wake up he turned to the rest of the team. "Now, one at a time and quietly. Do NOT wake him up."

JJ was the first to ask after recovering from the intimidating tone in which Dami had spoken. "How did you guys date for over a year before making it official?" The confusion in her voice clear despite how quiet it had become, not wanting to wake the sleeping doctor.

Derek was about to interrupt but stopped as he noticed Dami's glare.

"I said one at a time." He turned back to JJ. "Seeing as we weren't planning on telling anyone we didn't really see a point in putting a label on it. Or at least that's how I felt, I don't know Spencer's reason for never bringing it up. It was just more of an understanding we had." He'd turned to look at Spencer whilst talking, running his hand through the man's hair.

"I don't get why he didn't tell us about you though? I mean two and a half years is a long time to know someone, and you were dating for over half of it!?" Derek said, raising his voice ever so slightly, though not enough to disturb the sleeping man. He was angry at his friend for seemingly not trusting him with this information.

"It's not that he wanted to keep me from you, more that he wanted to keep you and your work from me. I mean don't tell me you don't have something of your own to distract you from that job that the others don't know about, or that you kept to yourself for a while?" Dami tried to comfort the man, as well as defend his boyfriend's actions.

"I guess?" Was the reply Derek gave with a look of semi understanding.

Seeing as nothing was wrong, Dave and Hotch went back to the kitchen to retrieve the coffee. After they returned Rossi had a question of his own to ask his still somewhat mysterious guest.

"We still don't know much about you Dami. Why don't you tell us a bit about yourself?"

Word count: 688