morning sickness

Andrea and Scott perked up when they saw you and Taylor enter the restaurant.

You both made your way over to the table and they stood up to greet you and Taylor with hugs.

"Hi, girls! How's your morning going so far?" Andrea asked.

"Pretty good." Taylor smiled.

You both sat down after hugging her parents and you let out a shaky breath as you watched a waitress walk by you.

She was carrying two plates of food and the smell made your stomach turn.

It wasn't that it smelled bad or anything.

You and Taylor come here often and when her parents asked if you two wanted to meet up with them for breakfast, you happily agreed.

But being pregnant isn't easy so far and even though the food doesn't smell bad, it is making you feel sick to your stomach.

Because everything makes you feel sick to your stomach these days.

"Are you okay, baby?" Taylor whispered in your ear as she brushed her hand across your thigh soothingly.

"I feel sick." You quietly spoke.

"Is everything okay?" Scott asked.

"Yeah, fine." You said, forcing a smile.

"What are you two going to get?" Andrea asked.

"I'm not sure." You said. "What about you, Tay?"

She flipped through the menu as you squeezed your eyes shut, trying to push through the nausea that was starting to overwhelm you.

You tried so hard to fight it.

You didn't want to draw attention to yourself or worry her parents because neither of you are ready to tell them yet, you want to wait until after the first ultrasound.

But it was too much.

You felt too sick to ignore it and you ended up getting up from the chair to rush to the bathroom.

"I'll be right back," Taylor told her parents before she followed you.

You went into one of the stalls and began to vomit.

The smell of the food had been too much and you just couldn't handle it.

"Oh, baby," Taylor said as she knelt on the floor behind you. "It's okay, get it all out."

You threw up for a few long, agonizing moments.

Taylor didn't complain whatsoever; she just stayed with you, holding your hair back for you as you puked.

She knows you can't control it and she knows that you need her with you through this, so she was content being there by your side through it all.

"I've got you. Let it out, sweet girl, just let it all out."

It was horrible and Taylor hated seeing you so miserable.

But she tried to help you both stay positive about it.

"Just think, darling. This is all going to be worth it soon." She reminded you.

You flushed the toilet with a groan.

"I know. I'm excited to be a mom and I can't wait to meet our baby but so far, pregnancy is awful."

She chuckled and rubbed your back comfortingly.

"I know. Do you want to go home?"

"No. I feel okay now. What will we tell your parents though?" You asked.

"We'll just say something you ate last night didn't agree with you. It should be okay." She said as she held you when you leaned against her. "We'll tell them soon and it'll make sense then."

"Only a couple of days until the ultrasound." You smiled.

"I know. I can't wait." She said with stars in her eyes. "Come on, let's go back out there. But if you feel sick again, we'll go home."

You nodded and got up before going to the sink.

You rinsed your mouth out with water and washed your hands before going back to the table with Taylor, hoping her parents would buy the excuse for just a couple more days.