you feel insecure

"I'm sorry I'm running a little late, darling. Give me about ten minutes and we can go for dinner." Taylor said as she ran over to you after hurrying up the stairs.

She leaned in to kiss your cheek only to pause upon seeing what you were wearing.

"Is that your new maternity dress? It's beautiful." She complimented and stared at you with an adoring gaze.

You bought this dress recently when you and Taylor decided that a date night was needed as soon as you both had the time and energy.

This maternity dress you picked out was perfect for tonight; it was red and long and it even came with a little coat so if you got chilly, you and the baby would stay warm.

It was perfect for a romantic date night.

But you weren't feeling it the way she was.

"What's wrong?" She asked upon seeing the hint of sadness in your eyes. "Aren't you excited for our date night tonight?"

"I was." You said. "But then I put this on and I realized how huge I've gotten. I saw my bump from the side and I haven't realized that it keeps growing."

She let out a sad sigh as she sat down beside you.

Taking your hand into hers, she sent you a soft smile when you looked into her eyes.

"I think you're beautiful. I'm not just saying that either, baby. I mean it wholeheartedly. You look stunning, just as you always have."

You felt her hand brush against your bump and the baby began to move upon feeling her touch.

"I know that it can't be easy watching your body change but you have nothing to feel bad or insecure about. You're breathtakingly beautiful, darling. You have always been the most beautiful girl in the world to me and seeing you grow a little human, one we have dreamt of having for so long, just leaves me in awe. You are stunning."

Her words brought a smile to your face.

"Just think about it, my love. You're carrying a human around! The reason why your bump keeps growing is because she's growing; our sweet, precious daughter. That's amazing. Your bump is beautiful, baby girl, and so are you."

She leaned down and pressed a few kisses to your bump, causing your heart to flutter.

"Please don't feel bad about yourself. You've made me fall even more in love with you, which I didn't even think was possible before this all started. I once thought I couldn't possibly love you more than I already did. But here we are as our daughter keeps growing, safe and sound in your cute bump. And it won't be very long before she's here. You're going to miss it."

"I know." You said as you put your head on her shoulder. "I know you're right. I know I shouldn't feel insecure. I guess it just took me by surprise."

"That's normal, darling. A lot of pregnant people go through that. But I love your bump. I love our daughter and I love you." She smiled before kissing your lips softly. "And this dress is just gorgeous; just like my girls."

She kissed your forehead, gently cupping your cheek as she did so.

And you just giggled as she made your heart melt and made you feel beautiful.

You and your little girl were so loved and you couldn't wait for her to arrive, knowing that Taylor was right and she was going to be so worth it all.