telling her parents and brother that you're pregnant

"Don't be anxious, baby. Everything's going to be fine." Taylor whispered comfortingly to you as she noticed you anxiously bouncing your knee. "They're going to be over the moon with happiness."

You knew she was right.

Her parents and brother adore you and they're going to be so excited that you and Taylor are having a baby.

But you're feeling so excited that it's hard to keep still, you just want to yell out the news to them as they sit across the table from you and Taylor.

Tonight, you're having dinner at Andrea's with her dad and brother there as well, so you can tell everyone the news at one time.

You two went over a few different ideas on how to tell them the exciting news but, in the end, you decided to keep it simple and just give them photos from the ultrasound because you and Taylor know how much they'll love that.

"Y/N, honey? Aren't you hungry?" Andrea asked. "You haven't eaten much."

You realized then that you hadn't eaten that much, your plate still almost full of food despite sitting down to eat ten minutes ago.

"Oh, I'm sorry. It's so good. I love your cooking, it's all so great." You complimented. "I just haven't been feeling that well lately so my appetite isn't very strong right now."

"Are you still feeling unwell?" Scott frowned. "You were sick a couple of weeks ago at the restaurant when we met for breakfast."

"Yeah. But don't worry, it's not contagious. I can promise you that." You assured, making her parents shrug their shoulders and brush it off.

"Okay, well, maybe you should take her to the doctor's, Taylor," Andrea suggested.

"No need. We already know what the cause of it is." Taylor said as she held back a grin by taking a sip of her drink.

"You do?" Scott questioned.

You looked over at Austin who was staring at you wordlessly as he ate the food on his plate.

Something told you that he was already catching on.

"Well, yeah. That's what we wanted to come here tonight for, so we can tell you."

"Oh, okay. Well, we're waiting." Andrea smiled as she put her fork down.

All eyes were on you and Taylor as she reached into her purse and grabbed two of the pictures from the ultrasound.

"You each get one." Taylor smiled as she slid the pictures across the table.

Andrea and Scott picked the pictures up and stared at them for a second before a gasp was heard from Andrea.

"Oh, my!" She said as she looked at you and Taylor in awe.

"Is this what I think it is?" Scott asked as he began to smile from ear to ear.

"What do you think? Are two ready to be grandparents? Because in about five and a half months, you're going to be one!"

They stared at each other in shock before looking over at Austin, who was smiling from ear to ear, and then at the two of you before getting up from their seats.

"Are you kidding? We've been hoping you two would have a baby soon!" Andrea grinned. "It's finally happening! How exciting!"

"Congratulations!" Scott said as you and Taylor stood up and hugged them both. "Oh, you're going to be such amazing mothers to this lucky baby!"

"I agree." Austin smiled as he stood up. "But I think I put the pieces together before you two did, now that I think about it all."

You and Taylor laughed before he pulled you in for a hug.

"Plus Y/N is glowing," Austin said as he pulled away from you. "That and the fact that she wasn't eating much and she passed up a good drink only points to one thing for me."

"Why don't you stop gloating that you figured it out quickly and take a look at your niece or nephew?" Taylor laughed and handed him a picture.

He stared at it in awe as Andrea gave you a big hug.

"You two are going to be such great parents." He told Taylor. "I'm so happy for you both."

"Thank you." You smiled and watched as he and Taylor hugged.

"I'm going to be a grandma," Andrea excitedly said as she wiped the happy tears falling from her eyes. "This is the best day ever!"

You just laughed happily as Taylor came up behind you and pulled you into her arms, her soft lips brushing against your cheek lovingly.

You both watched as the three of them stared at the photos in amazement as it sank in that you and Taylor were having a baby and finally starting your family together.

It was a heartwarming thought and everyone was, just as Taylor said, over the moon with pure joy.

And this just made it even more real for the both of you, making you feel even more excited for everything that was ahead.