Love and Friendship

Sa-nem!?! You have to come with me! whined Corinna. It's going to be such a great exhibit. I know you'll love it. The artist's name is Mehmet Kosono and he is absolutely brilliant. You HAVE to get out of the house and take a break from work, my love!

Corinna had called just as Sanem was getting back to the office and was now trying desperately to get her friend to join her the next evening for a brand new art exhibit in town. Secretly, she knew it would be a great place for Sanem to meet new people. 

She knew she wasn't ready to date yet, although it had been 3 years but Corinna desperately wanted to ease her beautiful friend into the world outside of work and books. 

Corinna, Sanem said impatiently, I am swamped at work and to boot, in crisis mode. I desperately need a photographer. I just don't have time, love! I wish I could but I don't.

Not deterred, Corinna huffed and promised her friend to help her find a photographer through her own contacts if she promised to go with her. Sanem acquiesced just so she could get off the phone and get back to work. She could never say no to Corinna.

Sanem met Corinna on her first day of senior year in high school in Rome and they were instant friends. Nicholas loved that Corinna helped Sanem get out of her shell a bit as she was always the life of the party. He joked that he kept Corinna's antics on a short leash when it came to his beautiful but shy girlfriend but he was happy to see Sanem make a friend so quickly. 

The three of them were great friends throughout the years and when Corinna moved on to law school, Sanem was lost. But they stayed in touch and vowed to always be a part of each other's lives. She now lived near Positano and was as serious about her career as she was free spirited. Sanem loved that about her.  

Besides Corinna, Sanem's closest and dearest friend was Celia whom she had been friends with since college

Besides Corinna, Sanem's closest and dearest friend was Celia whom she had been friends with since college. They did everything together. Celia had been there for Sanem through all of her ups and downs and was one of her biggest supporters. She was so blessed that both her friends loved each other and the three of them were practically inseparable since Nicholas' death three years ago. 

Celia was married to a wonderful man named Jake who she met while Jake was on vacation in Positano and it was love at first sight. They were expecting their first child in a few months and Sanem couldn't wait to spoil her "nephew".