Condolences and Promises

Daverro!? Stai scherzando?!! Sanem said out loud! Really? Are you joking?? flipping the switch to turn up her fan. Is it getting hot in here, again? as she waved her hand in front of her face trying to register what she was seeing.

Why did she decide to go through Can's IG page? That was a big mistake. Now she was even more nervous than before.

This was no mere man. This was a god. A big, handsome Italian god of a man. Nobody should look that good! How was she going to handle having him here all evening?

Stop it, Sanem! Get a hold of yourself! He's just a man..a man with long thick hair, deep dark chocolate looking eyes and smile that makes my knees weak. Yeah..just a man..sure, Sanem!

Trying to bring herself out of her thoughts, she changed her clothes into her new dress and prepared to start dinner.

She planned to cook her famous pesto chicken pasta, a big colorful salad and crusty bread. She didn't want to choose tonight to experiment on new recipes. It needed to be something easy and simple that she could do without thinking about it. She didn't need the added pressure.

Sanem loved this dish because it was perfect to cook for just one...

Cooking for one..the thought always made her so sad. She loved cooking but since Nicolas passed, she turned to simple dishes that didn't require a recipe.

Another reminder that she was alone..

Shaking her head to put that thought aside, she smiled thinking that she would be able to cook for two tonight. Even if it was just for a friend. 

A friend who would be leaving soon..

Her phone rang and saw Corinna's face, panicking because she remembered she hadn't told the girls yet that she was having Can over. 

Hey, hey lady! How's it going? Corinna said as she was moving items around in her closet obviously looking for something in particular.

Hey, love! I'm doing good. We had the photo shoot today and it went really well, Sanem answered. How was your day?

Corinna smiled at the mention of Can and replied, Yes, I know it was today. Why do you think I'm calling, silly? And don't ask about my day. Mr. Lozzano was in quite the mood. Ugh. He can be so impossible to please. So tell me everything that happened. Don't leave out any details!

Sanem recounted the day, including having gotten the flowers, which she also conveniently forgot to tell them about and the weird interaction with Gio. 

She had brought a small bunch of the flowers home with her so she could see them there too.

So, Gio put his arm around your shoulder? That's weird! Did you ask him about it? Corinna said.

No but he reminded me of something important. Can does not live here, Corinna. Whatever romantic dreams you're conjuring up in that beautiful mind of yours is just that..a dream, Sanem said. He just sees me as a friend. And I'm good with that, trying to convince herself as well as her best friend.

I hear you, Sanem but let's put this all together, shall we? He sees you for the first time since high school at the gallery and nearly drools and falls over his own tongue at the very sight of you, poor man couldn't string a sentence together, follows you all over the gallery smiling like a loon, walks you to your car talking to you in that low, sexy husky voice, sends you wildflowers which are your favorite, does a photo shoot that is so beneath him it's insane and gives you the sweetest compliments. Yeah..you're right. You've convinced me. He's not interested in you AT ALL! Corinna said with sarcasm and a grin.