•𝐂hapter 2

~aisa lagta hai kyu teri aankhein jaise aankhon mein meri reh gayi,

kabhi pehle maine naa suni jo
aisi baatein keh gayin.

Edha's PoV-

What is this? Why the hell are my insides reacting this way? It's another random stranger, right? The bitter vodka melted as sweet on my tongue. The throat which was burning a minute before, it's calmed now, like I just drank a bucket of honey.

I should answer his 'hello'.

Should I?

Yes, fuck, Edha, you should.

Wait, why am I overthinking this?

I hate my ever frayed nerves.

"It's alright, happens all the time I'm around girls."

Okay, he spoke.

Wait, what did he say?

"Excuse me?" That was dumb but that's all I managed to say. Only to make him rethink his words, and choose them wisely next time.

"Your nerves are frayed, the voices are stuck, the brain's running wild. It happens." He remained undeterred, as if he had experienced such a scenario before. "And I can hear your heart thumping from here."

Uhm, it's the same happening to me. But what the actual fuck, respectfully! I can't react so frazzled before a stranger. Compose yourself, bitch.

"Nothing as such is happening. You're just way too entitled to your experiences." I said, collecting my messed up self back.

"Maybe." He stood there for a while, his finger tapped with the beats, on the rim of the whiskey glass he was holding. I looked at him secretly with a side eye.

In a little while of me trying to keep my sanity to myself, I noticed Shanaya has vanished for quite a while now. My eyes scan the whole room, going crazy on the floor but I couldn't find a glimpse of her.

Okay, now I am getting literally nervous.

I sipped the bloody mary, then leaped my head little to look across the room, it was pretty full and this non existent height of yours in this wild crowd won't help, Edha.

"Are you looking for me, darling?" A man with a charming grin approaches me. Thank you, Kanha, for this help. You always do.

I smiled back, to get my job done. It helps okay? Don't judge. And I need to find Shanaya and leave this abomination of a fun place. "Maybe."