Chapter Nine: A True Bad Guy

That's it! I'm ending the book! I'm finishing it and then no one has any reason to complain!! Okay? Okay! Get ready for a huge, spite filled, update. This is not proofread.

As Wolf and Diane headed to her house to get weapons and gear up, Snake, Shark, Piranha, and Webs headed to their lair. While all this was happening, Mr. Cuddles dropped off the love crater meteorite at Marmalade's compound, along with a scared (Y/n), who was tied to the meteorite.

"Oh, how nice of you to join us!" Marmalade said with an evil grin.

The meteorite was grabbed by a second device and hovered above a platform.

"I knew you were mean! No one nice forces me into a tree!" (Y/n) growled, wiggling in the ropes.

"I'm not mean, (Y/n). I'm bad, there's a difference." Marmalade smirked. "The difference is that a mean person would lock you in a cage, never to be rescued. A bad person, however..." Marmalade took his helmet off of the stand and pushed the big red button, activating the meteorite and the helmet, "would leave you, right there as the meteorite takes all your energy. Don't worry, it won't hurt...much." Marmalade chuckled, slipping the helmet on.

(Y/n) hissed in pain as the electricity shocked her body, sucking out her energy and leaving small scorch marks where the electricity zapped.

"Now, this is what a true bad guy looks like." Marmalade teased, forcing his arms forward.

The psychokinetic energy affected the guinea pig in a glass cage, forcing it to follow Marmalade's commands.

"What do you say we have some fun?" Marmalade asked (Y/n) with a glint in his eye. He raised the lever from low to high, causing a wave of energy to shoot out of the meteorite. (Y/n) felt more energy being taken from her, being too much to bear. Her head dropped as she fell unconscious.

Miles away, the meteorite energy affected guinea pigs around the city and forced them to follow Marmalade's rule. Wave after wave of guinea pigs flooded throughout the city, wreaking havoc.

Farther away, Diane pulled up to her house. She looked at the very distraught Wolf next to her. "Hey. You okay?"

"No, I'm not okay. I'm very, very un-okay." Wolf grumbled. "Just left the only friends I have ever had, so what am I..." Wolf let out a sad sigh, "what am I doing?"

Diane sighed. "I know this isn't easy, leaving everything behind."

"Do you?"

"Yeah. I was the best thief in the world. Fast, fearless, inventive. I just had one thing left to steal." Diane explained.

"The Golden Dolphin." Wolf connected. "So you went after it."

"I didn't just go after it. I had it. And a clear escape route. But...all I saw in the end was the tricky fox that they always told me I was. It changed everything. So, now, instead of hurting people, I'm helping them." Diane chuckled. "I'm still me. I'm just me on the right side." Diane smiled kindly at Wolf. "You're doing the right thing. And someday your friends, if they're real friends, I think they'll understand."

"And what about (Y/n)?"

"She was too young to really remember me as her mother. I had to drop her off with a trusted friend while I got the heat off my back. When I came back, I was Diane, the aunt." Diane explained, looking out of the windshield with a forlorn look.

"And..." Wolf hesitated, but couldn't resist the question poking at his lips, "(Y/n)...does she have any idea?"

Diane laughed, "Probably. She's smart, so I'm willing to bet she has some clue, but she's never told me if she did."